Thread: Does the processor bottleneck low end gpu while gaming

Does the processor bottleneck low end gpu while gaming

System always bottleneck when there is a bit issue with hardware setup. Like if I have a powerful processor then the gpu or ram will face issue if they are low in hardware configuration. I want a bit more detail on the same. If I have a nice 8 core cpu that belong to the extreme overclocking edition, will this bottleneck the graphic card. I want to re-use the old gpu in my new system. It is just lying like a waste.

Re: Does the processor bottleneck low end gpu while gaming

I will not recommend you to go for the same. Surely the cpu will bottleneck the gpu. Here the cpu will give maximum processes and when the gpu is not able to handle the system will freeze. So better go with compatible hardware only.

Bottleneck is common when you are upgrading your system. I had seen people buy a costly gpu and add them on their old system. But the gpu is not able to give you full output due to low end hardware. So it is always better to find something compatible. Or when you are upgrading your system stick with the old hardware. New hardware can cause the performance problem. In your cause you have a decent system. But somehow your gpu is not upto the mark. I will recommend you to get a good gpu on the basis of your hardware configuration. If you post the entire detail here I can guide you to find a nice graphic card. The one which you had bought or using is a kind of useless stuff. You can use it in your old system.

It is very complicate to locate system bottleneck. There is no specific tool for that. We do that through judgement. Liking using a old hardware on a new one. There can be other reasons for slow down. Try to checkout the error logs.

Bottleneck issue appear when the system lag or freeze at the time of usage. Even after having the best processor and graphic card your system might not give you the kind of output you are expecting. At that point it is essential that you must make a list of all hardware. Bottleneck usually appear when your system has a low fsb. The cpu tries to work faster but low fsb does not allow that generate new issues. So always have a good motherboard. It does not matter what hardware you use. Your board must be optimum enough to handle everything. It is always recommended to take a experts advice before buying a brand new system. It is not possible to find bottleneck through software or hardware. It can be located through finding out the difference between hardware configuration.

Bottleneck is common if you do not go with reviews or with test on web. There are people who give you proper review with support hardware and on that basis you can buy as per your need. So that you can get optimum output.

System do bottleneck to slow fast hardware. But if you have a board which has a good fsb then you don't have to worry much. Bottleneck starts from the board itself. It does not matter what hardware you are running. You must always buy a good high end board when it comes to performance. Do not stick with any older model. I had seen people buy a system and then cry about the performance. The system will be slower and will not give you the kind of output you are looking for. To avoid bottleneck buy branded system. There are laptops and desktop. They are nicely optimized with proper hardware in them. If you are spending a bit good amount on the same then you will surely get a decent system. You will get a powerful system where you can run all type of game and enjoy multiple application usage.

That happens when you blindly upgrade your hardware. It will surely bottleneck. Always post your specification on multiple forum to get suggestion and then you can go ahead with upgrade. You must consult multiple people for the same.