Thread: Memtest showed up ram error only for the first time

Memtest showed up ram error only for the first time

I bought a new ram and I am trying to use it with my existing one on my system. At first the system started and crashed with bluescreen. Then I ran a memtest. It showed me a few errors. But after reboot when I checked back it is not showing me any error. What does this means. Memtest error means the ram is damage and it is not going to work. But suddenly it is resolved. I hope this is proper and in future I would not get more errors.

Re: Memtest showed up ram error only for the first time

Just check the ram is properly fitted or not. Sometime you place it improper which generate this errors. Remove the ram and clean the edges and then add it back. Keep on checking for ram errors at a regular time interval.

This kind of issue appear when he ram is not fitted well. Last week my friend called me to fix his system. He was constantly getting blue-screen while using the same. The system crash and reboots. I thought first this was OS error. He owns a Compaq Desktop which has ram test utility in bios. So I ran that and I got a few errors in that. After opening the case I found the ram was not properly fitted. I removed it cleaned it and added it back and there was no error after that. So in your case I also think cleaning the ram will fix the problem. Open your case and remove the ram. Clean the edges with an ink rubber. This will wipe out excessive carbon and then add it back. This issue is common with old ram, but if you are getting the issue on new then there are chances of having a faulty stick.

It is a hardware error. So here first thing is the ram. There are ram testing software. To fix the issue you can go ahead wit bios update. You can run a fresh version and then test back. This would be more easier to fix the issue.

If you are getting the issue with new ram then it means the ram is not compatible with the motherboard. You have to compare the specification. If it matches then it can be hardware fault, but if not then under no condition you can use that ram on your system. You will have to contact the seller to give you a replacement. Sometime the slot is also damage and cause the problem. So you can try changing the same. Try some ram tester software. If there is a hardware failure then you will get the error message on the screen, but if everything is quiet fine, then you have to downgrade the ram. Most of the time this is a specification issue.