Thread: It is ok to use AMD FX8320 processor on a low end Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2

It is ok to use AMD FX8320 processor on a low end Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2

I am going to buy a high end cpu here. I need this for gaming purpose. So getting a good cpu is always a good choice which also help in future. The cpu that I will buy is AMD FX8320. And for that I can find Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2 motherboard. Will the processor work on this. I have a gpu also. It is a a old one AMD Radeon gpu. Before buying I want to confirm whether this thing will work or not.

Re: It is ok to use AMD FX8320 processor on a low end Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2

If the cpu socket is same then it will work. You have to match the specification. I had checked and it looks that the cpu will work. You can also add the gpu of your choice. But it is always recommended to buy a good motherboard for high end processors.

AMD FX8320 is a high end gpu. It is a 8core processor which needs 125watt of power to run. While the board which you had mentioned does not support that much watt. Only cpu socket does not matter. Always before buying a new motherboard you must in the spec sheet of board and there you can find the list of all cpus that will support. If the cpu name is not listed then skip it.AMD FX8320 has a AM3+ socket. The board supports but it is a low end board. If you try to run the cpu on it, you will not get maximum output. The system might bottleneck. There can be freezing issue also. The cpu will try to draw out maximum power from the socket which will affect its life. So always match the configuration and then only go ahead with buying. Some online site give you a combo solution. That means when you choose the cpu you can also buy a compatible high end board with it. I think the board which you will buy for the processor will be around Rs.12000.

ASRock 970 Extreme 4 is a good motherboard for this processor. It is a compatible board which comes loaded with a 64GB DDR3 ram support. You can
    high amount of ram on the same. It has a 2400Mhz FSB which is fast and great.

Always go for a high end hardware so that in future you don't face any issue. There are good boards available for this processor and still you are going for a outdated one. You will waste your money for that. I am going to recommend you three boards for that. Among which you must buy one that will help you gain amazing output. ASUS Sabertooth 990FX is the most extreme one. It is a high end board that comes for Rs.18,500. This is costly but the board is good. It supports almost all high end cpu. And this is a ideal choice for future upgrade also. Because in this you can then use more advance tools in long run. The second one is Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5. It is just 8% cheaper compare to Asus but loaded with similar features. It is great and has amazing output. It has a 2600 MHz FSB that boost your system output and is also ideal for overclocking. You can add upto 32GB of DDR3 ram on the same. The last one is MSI 990FXA-GD80 which might be in your budget. The cost of this board is Rs.14,000. It is a high speed board in budget price.