Thread: Intel Haswell vs Sandy Bridge Architecture for gaming

Intel Haswell vs Sandy Bridge Architecture for gaming

I am looking for a good comparison between Haswell and Sandybridge cpu architecture. How they are better and which one among them will be good. Now there are some budget system in the market that still come loaded with this processor and it looks to be decent. I had tested this products in a nearby electronic shop which looks amazing. So here I am looking for a fair comparison. It is obvious that new architecture will be more better.

Re: Intel Hashwell vs Sandy Bridge Architecture for gaming

Haswell is really good. It is based on new architecture through which you can have more advance system and configuration on a portable device. It is low on power usage. Many manufacturer are switching to the new cpu.

Re: Intel Haswell vs Sandy Bridge Architecture for gaming

New architecture is always costly. But as time goes on it will come in budget. This time Intel took really less time to release the new generation cpu. They started with 1st Generation and now they had already released 4th Generation processor. This is smooth and amazing. The benefit of haswell is that you have a high data transfer bus with low power consumption. Haswell is ideally designed for netbook. Because they are small and portable and they have a low battery output. Haswell are specifically designed to work on low cpu power consumption. If we compare both of them in terms of features, performance and power usage then surely Haswell wins here. But if you are having SanbyBridge then still it is not a big issue. I had seen Dell has released some extreme edition system in the market delivering amazing output at a very costly price. This would be the first systems to have 4th generation intel processor.

I still own a Ivy Bridge Core i3 cpu which works fine. There is no issue at all. The output is decent with amazing performance and there is no problem with performance also. I have a 1GB gpu on it and I can play all games on it.

If you need more information about micro-architecture then I can give you a short intro the same. It is right that this new micro-architecture is low on power usage. Processor which are released under this are low power cpu. That is the reason they fit well for laptops. Compare to Sandy-bridge this new processor is capable of giving you more reliability. You can expect around 10 to 15% more stability in overclocking and output. It is also bit stable in terms of usage. Now for desktop yet Haswell cpu are not available. You can find them in laptops only. It looks Intel has not yet planned to released this models for desktop. This new processor also adds more to the board upgrades. Like you get Intel HD 4000 gpu with usb 3.0 connectivity. So it is a overall enhanced processor with amazing output and great speed. We have to wait back finally when this cpu is out in the market at a reasonable price. It can be ideal for gaming purpose.

I do not think it is really hard to get new upgrades here. Recently some new laptops are announced that run on the new haswell cpu. But you will have to wait back for price drop. Still you can go ahead with Sandy-bridge cpu they are not bad at all.

Haswell are the new 4th generation cpu in the market. There are high expectations from the processor. And it is right that this processor are ideally designed for laptop and ultra-portable. They are for low power usage. They work well and has no output problem. I went on Intel site to checkout the desktop edition. This new cpu is widely used on ultra-books and laptops. And it seems to be working fine. The motive of Intel to release this cpu is that you can get more discrete graphics at a very reasonable rate. You don't have to pay separate for any other high end gpu. Still on the onbaord graphics you get enough visual. Budget also matters a lot here. Still 2nd generation Intel Core i series laptop are more affordable compare to this new one.

I also think we do not really need this now. Because already there are budget model in the market.You can get a good 1GB gpu on the same and the system is more than enough for gaming purpose. For those who need netbook which meets industrial needs can go ahead with the same.