Thread: audio problem with Asus Maximus V Gene

audio problem with Asus Maximus V Gene

I am using Asus Maximus V Gene motherboard from quite some time now. Recently all of the sudden the audio started to mute frequently at regular intervals. It will mute for 5-10 seconds and then resume again and the cycle continues. I have removed and reinstalled the latest audio drivers also to no avail. I dont want to give it for a repair if there is a simple solution for it, so please suggest me some tips. Thanks

Re: audio problem with Asus Maximus V Gene

You can try to use Driver Cleaner software to remove all the remains of the old audio drivers and then reinstall the audio driver. What happens is that some of the remnants of the old drivers remain in your registry keys and also in the system folder or so. Driver Cleaner software will list all its remains and you can then clean this remnants. Also, use the driver that used to work fine and not the updated driver.

I think that there might be some issues with the LAN card that is onboard on the mobo or the sound card. When any sound is played from the internal hard drive or usb drives then the sound outputs properly but if it is streamed from Nas, Youtube, etc; then this problem seems to come up. The only thing left to do would be a RMA of the motherboard.

Can you tell us whether you have sound via Hdmi or the Vga or via the onboard hdmi? Have you tried to enable or disable HDMI or SPDIF in the bios? If it is from onboard then it might be possible that the BIOS be corrupted. Try to update the BIOS by downloading it from the Asus website for your motherboard and see if that helps.