Thread: Why some old RAM are still better compare to high end series

Why some old RAM are still better compare to high end series

I had seen that some old rams used before are much better and reliable compare to the new one. What can be reason for that. New ram are loaded with more mhz and they are faster and better. But still they lack a good amount of support. The life span today is very low when you are on a gaming pc. I had bought a corsair ram, year before and now it is not working. While a old ram which is in the system still works well.

Re: Why some old RAM are still better compare to high end series

This depend on the ram quality. The one which you had bought before was a better one due to which it is still working now. The current one which you think is not working, you can ask for replacement. You can try running memtest to get more info on the ram health status.

I had notice this issue on cheap ram. It does not matter what brand you own, but if the product you have has a basic ram chip it will not work fine. There are various ram with different standard quality. Now ram chip may spoil fast due to various reason. It can be due improper grounding also. Most of the old rams are more stronger compare to what we get today. They are powerful but they cannot hold the pressure. Means they burn really fast if you are using that at the highest. I am having a old Pentium 4 system which is still working. It has 128MB of ram and 40GB hard drive. I still not able to understand how it works after so long time. I had installed Windows XP on it. The output is not great. While compare to that my friend has bought a AMD pc last year which stopped working due to heating problem. At the time of playing games the cpu heats a lot which created a problem. Today we are having more power but build quality is weak. You cannot trust on hardware anymore.

I lost my Intel board recently. It DH55TC. I don't understand what happen it, it just stopped working. When I showed that to a repair guy he said a sensitive component inside burned due to overheating. Now I will have to buy a new one.

I do not really think here the build quality or brand kind of stuff really matter. It can be some kind of plain manufacturing default. Some hardware work for really long time giving you long lasting support. But some might not. They stop really fast compare to other one. I had commonly seen this issue in graphic card. Some cards work for long time, while some just stop working just after a year. This probably depend on the usage. Like if you are heavily using your system not offering a good psu and keeping it less maintain then your hardware will damage soon. But on the same way if you are using the system more properly by following proper maintenance long then this issue will not appear. It might keep on working. Most of the hardware are damage due to in sufficient power supply. The power issue is the common cause. Having a low power psu hamper other hardware. If you need a good ram then you must go for high Mhz ram. This ram are good in output and also works for long period.

Ram quality does matter. Now if you buy a ram which is cheaper compare to a branded one in the market, it might fade out fast. Within some couple of year it might stop working. But a branded one can lost for long time due to better technology used in it.

I was going through a short article which says in detail what actually matters to make a good ram. Here everything is important like the ram capacity, the material used to build it, and the quality control. Branded hardware is not only made from good quality material but it is also designed to work in extreme pressure. It offer you smooth output. Here ram mhz is not the only thing that boost your system performance, but the capacity also matter. Sometime manufacturer does not use a good quality material in the product that leads to a very short life. This is very common in electronics. Wear and tear are quiet frequent here. All you must do is keep a close watch on your hardware. You can keep on scanning the changes and applying a proper maintenance whenever needed. Mostly ram does not damage soon compare to a graphic card or a hard drive. They are highly reliable if purchased properly. Now ram which are designed for overclocking are built from durable material.

Overclocking ram are costly. They are not so cheap to buy. And what is the use of having a extreme ram in a regular system. I think they are quiet cheaper today. You can afford them easily at a very low price. What matters is long lasting support.

Manufacturer's had extended the warrant of memory chips. They are offering 3 years warranty on the product. The life of ram depend on its make and build quality. That means if the chips are build for weaker material they will stop working really fast. Even a minor component failure can cause problem. Now if this thing fails under a warranty then we have chances to get it fixed for free. But if the same if fails out of warranty then there is no option available. You have to buy it at all cost. But if you need a long lasting one then many manufacturer provide you a durable ram support which are ideally designed for server. This are bit costly but reliable.