Thread: boot problem with Asus P9X79 Deluxe motherboard

boot problem with Asus P9X79 Deluxe motherboard

I am using a ASUS P9X79 Deluxe motherboard that is having some booting problem. Out of 2-3 times it will boot normally but sometimes it will not boot at all. Actually what happens is that when I turn off my pc and then turn it back on then it will boot normally, but if I shut down the pc and remove the power and put it back again then it will give me error related to DRAM_LED which lights up all of a sudden. I have done memtest without any errors? So what else could be the problem?

Re: boot problem with Asus P9X79 Deluxe motherboard

Have you done any sort of overcloking, if so, then you might be getting the error because of the memory. Just try to ensure that all the memory on both sides are down and do a full reset of the CMOS by unplugging the Power Supply and also the battery out for 1 hour or so. Also, try to set the XMP profile in BIOS. What PSU do you have by the way, check to make if it is not fault or otherwise test by different one.

I think that it might be RAM compatibility problem. What RAM do you have installed on the motherboard? If it is anything above 2000mhz then try to lower it to 1866mhz with 1.5v and lower timings. If still that doesnt work then you will have to buy another set of RAM and test it in your pc to find out whether its the RAM or the motherboard problem itself.

Yes, test with another RAM that could be the main pronlem. Also what is the CPU temperature that you are getting? Can you also let us know if you are using any Video Card and what is the make and model of the Power Supply that you have? Ensure that the CPU coolers fan header is connected properly by moving it and do check that the RAM is fit in the slot of the motherboard properly.