Thread: RAM performance slower than specification

RAM performance slower than specification

I had added a 2GB stick of Kingston ram on my system. Now I was expecting a bit good performance here. But things are different. After adding the ram the output was not so good. It is just same as it was before. I was expecting more better performance here. In total there are 4GB ram now in my system. And still the system lags while playing game. What can be the issue.

Re: RAM performance slower than specification

Just check first the ram is detected or not. You can see that in bios. If the ram is properly detected you can see a complete 4GB ram there. If not then the ram is not connected properly. Just remove it and insert it back.

Some time the issue also lies with ram compatibility. It is essential that you must check the same properly. I faced this thing when I was building a new pc for my friend. We bought two ram sticks. Both belong to corsair but they were different in terms of output. One was around 1333Mhz and the other one was around 1600Mhz. Now the board which we have only support upto 1333mhz of ram. Due to which one is not working. AT first I thought the ram was faulty. Later on I check the board specification and matched the same with ram. And found that the issue lies with ram compatibility. I went to the sellers shop and replaced the ram with a lower one and it worked. So you have to also check the same. Just verify the ram compatibility first. Check whether it supports your board or not. If it is then there can be hardware issue also. To find that the best thing you can do is rum memtest. This software will scan your system and will give you information on ram errors. It is a bootable disc and gives you appropriate information on damage stick.

Ram configuration is not complicated at all. But sometime due to improper connectivity this kind of issue appear. Just try to change the ram slots and then check back. I think that might fix the issue.

Can be a faulty ram also. It is necessary that you check before buying. Now being a branded product you can do only one thing. That is carry the ram to a your nearest service center and check back. They might give you replacement if the product is not proper. Other things as mentioned above is the compatibility stuff. Now new boards are capable of supporting high ram. But the performance will be limited on the basis of ram slot it has. What is memtest does not gives you any error. And still the ram works slower. The limitation lies in the ram slots not in the ram. A number of time bios update is capable of resolving number of various issues. Try that also.