Thread: Intel Core i7 overheating on new build

Intel Core i7 overheating on new build

My new build has Intel Core i7 processor with 4GB of ram and a gpu. It looks to be properly configured. I had assembled it manually and updated it with all latest driver. Everything works fine, but the issue lies with the new processor. It is just heating up. The last time when I monitored the temperature it was around 70C. That is quiet high. And it goes more if I play games. What can be the issue. Being a new pc it must work fine.

Re: Intel Core i7 overheating on new build

Check your heatsink first. There is a white paste available that you have to apply between the cpu and the fan. If that is not placed properly then you will face problem with temperature. So just apply a good thermal paste and check back.

I think you had not fitted your cpu fan properly. As per my views you are using the stock fan here. And it is not placed well due to which you are facing that high temperature problem. Just open your case back and check the fan. Applying heatsink is very important here. Many people use cheap paste which is a bit waste of money. Try to buy a good one. In market you cn also buy a costly thermal paste. Once it is applied the cpu can work for longer period and will have no issue with the output. In bios you can find out more proper information about the cpu temp. If it is rising them it simply means your fan is not working properly. There is either a gap or there is no heatsink. You have to change it at once. Or else you cpu can face severe damage. A number of time faulty hardware is manufactured in the market. Due to which you get the same issue. So if nothing works out then you have to carry the cpu to the repair center. Intel has official service center around the globe. Just try to find out one in your area. I think after providing the heatsink the issue will be resolved.

I am using Cooler Master Extreme Fusion X1 thermal grease. It is a nice paste which is designed to provide more better cooling solution. Try to get a good paste here. it has to remain in your pc for long time.

CPU heating is common. It can be due to poor fan, heatsink or due to excessive usage. Now you said that your pc is new. So 70c is much higher for it. Now if you are done with changing the fan or applying a thermal paste then there is one more thing you can do. Download and install Speedfan software in your system. This software is really great to control the fan speed. It has a simple interface and provide you a kind of manual config to control the fan speed. But if the fan does not respond on the tool then it means it is a faulty one. You have to add a good one here. There are some nice cpu cooler available at a budget price. You can choose a better one from Coolermaster. It has product lies of vertical fan which are placed on the side and they draw a good amount of heat. It is great for air ventilation. Just get a good cooler and hook it on your system. I think the current stock fan is not enough capable of dealing with cpu performance.