Thread: Motherboard bios asking for password

Motherboard bios asking for password

My motherboard bios is asking for password. My system was working slow so I thought to format it. To boot from CD I went in the bios. It is locked. This is the first time I entered into bios after so long time and it is locked. I think it is done by my brother. I am not having the password here. Can anyone help me to simply find a solution for this. How can I remove the password.

Re: Motherboard bios asking for password

That is easy. Open your system case and look for a battery on the motherboard. Do not forget to unplug the system from main power outlet. Disconnect it and then just remove the battery. Hold for sometime and insert it back. That's all. Boot back and go in the bios.

There is one more solution available. If you are not sure about the cmos battery inside then you can do the same by a bootable cd also. Download Hiren Boot CD from web. It is available for free. You can simply remove the password through this. Download the iso file and burn that on a disc. Then boot your system with it. Now in that go the menu and look for Bios tools. In that you can find Bios password cracker. Select it and press enter. The bootable disc will simply wipe out the password stored in your bios. This is one of the best way to fix the problem. Many users are not aware about opening the system case. This is one of the best way to wipe out password. Removing the cmos battery is quiet easy. I had did this long before for my laptop. For that I have to open the entire thing. Fortunately I was having the laptop manual which showed me all information about opening it and fixing it back again. I will advice you to use Hiren boot disc which is more safer.

Bios password is not a complicated thing. I am stuck with HDD password. I did a number of various things to remove it, but nothing worked. I hope there will be some solution available for that.