Thread: Is there any good motherboard available that has 3D movie feature

Is there any good motherboard available that has 3D movie feature

I want to build a high end media center pc. I had decided everything. I am stuck on the motherboard here. Some of my friend suggest me to go for a board that comes with 3D feature. So that I can also see 3D movies on my system. I tried to find certain models but unable to get anything. I need some help here. Is there any good board available which comes with 3D feature.

Re: Is there any good motherboard available that has 3D movie feature

I do not think so. 3D is a graphic card feature. It has nothing to do with the motherboard. You can go on Nvidia website and checkout some gpu with a good 3D output and connect it on your board. That's all.

It is correct. There are hardly any board available which comes with on-board 3D support. It is actually a gpu feature. You will require to buy a good quality graphic card from the market which has 3D ready technology. The one by Nvidia. Many high end Nvidia graphic card comes with 3D support. You just have to hook the card and install proper drivers. Nvidia's 3D vision is the only best technology available today which works fine in terms of screen output. Nvidia not only sells gpu's with 3d support but you can buy a complete 3d pc also if you want. Along with this there are 3D glasses and display available. That you can get separately. For 3D only having a 3D gpu is not enough. You will also require a screen which can give you a proper output. Or else your entire investment is wasted. Right now if you want to go with reasonable solution then it is best go with non 3d system. Because it will be in your budget. You can also upgrade the hardware anytime you want. Today 3D technology is costly, but as time goes on this will keep on getting more and more better. I will recommend you to stick with a good system that provide you large screen display and blu ray support. This will be simply enough.

I had seen certain system that has 3D support. There are not so great. Because here to play 3D you will require good quality 3D content also. Or else the output will be same as it is on a regular mode.

For 3D you require a overall setup. You said that you are building a media center pc. So there you are going to hook a full size tv set. But if that TV does not has any kind of 3D support then you are wasting your money. You can go for a projector that comes with 3D ready technology. BenQ w1070 is one of them. This projector has a integrated 3D support through which you can play good quality 3D videos and there is no issue with that. For a regular system things will be really costly. While as said above if you go with a non 3d edition then things are much more reasonable here. Like you can buy a budget card powered with regular hd resolution and many other stuff. Instead of spending a good price on 3d thing buy a widescreen monitor and a good quality blu ray player also.