Thread: Best way to flash Bios of Asrock Motherboard

Best way to flash Bios of Asrock Motherboard

I am using a ASRock 970 Pro3 motherboard and I new to overclocking or flashing bios thing. Can anyone tell me what will be the best and safest method to flash bios of this motherboard that I bought recently. I have heard that we can flash bios from DOS or from BIOS menu itself, but which one is good among this 2 ways? Thanks.

Re: Best way to flash Bios of Asrock Motherboard

I would say that DOS is the best method to do a bios flashing. I use the same way of updating the bios and I have never faced any kind of issues with different motherboard that I have tested. I would suggest not to follow the bad ways of updating bios via Windows. With the DOS mode, you will see that how quickly the bios upgradation is done also.

I normally use the Instant Flash for updating the BIOS for my Asrock motherboards. With this method I never had any kind of failure and we can expect a hundred percent success. When you do a BIOS update then it will reset all the settings to default values and you will be given the option to accept it. If you wanted to change the settings then you can do it by entering the Bios.

I will let you know how you should update to the latest bios version. First download the latest bios of your motherboard from Asrock's website and then save it to a usb disk or floppy drive. After that press F2 to enter the Bios and then choose the utility under Smart menu to start it. The Asrock Instant Flash will automatically recognize all devices and only list those Bios versions that is perfect for your motherboard. Now choose the suitable Bios and then flash it, after some time the update will be done.