Thread: usb 3.0 port problem in Asus Maximus IV Extreme

usb 3.0 port problem in Asus Maximus IV Extreme

I am using Asus Maximus IV Extreme P67 motherboard for more than 1 year now. It recently started having problems with its usb 3.0 port. I dont know what is the reason why they have suddenly stopped working. I have tried updating the BIOS of this motherboard to the latest but still facing the same issue. Can anyone please help me, thanks.

Re: usb 3.0 port problem in Asus Maximus IV Extreme

You havent said whether you have installed the latest Usb 3.0 drivers that you can get from the Asus website for your board? Have you checked in the Device Manager for any device that is showing yellow exclamation mark or question mark? Try to uninstall the driver and then do a full power down and unplug everything and then plug back everything and do a reinstall of the usb 3.0 driver.

Even I was facing a similar problem but was able to solve it by powering down the system and then doing a reset of the CMOS. If you will check the device manager then there will be a unknown device that you can see after some time even after this fix has been used. Till Asus comes with a permanent solution for this issue, we have to live with this temporary solution.

This problem has been addressed to Asus and still they havent responded or released a patch that can fix this issue. For some people this problem happened after updating the bios of Asus Maximus IV Extreme. So incase if this is a BIOS issue, then remove all the drivers and then reflash the BIOS with the 1004 version and then check if the usb 3.0 port works again or not.