Thread: Time to upgrade to USB 3.1 for more faster data transfer speed

Time to upgrade to USB 3.1 for more faster data transfer speed

Usb 3.0 is now upgraded to USB 3.1. Adding a bit more benefit to data transfer and charging. As per some test the new edition is capable of giving maximum 10GBps of transfer speed. That really looks impressive. But there is no specific product yet available. What I can find is just some set of news associated with this new data transfer interface. I want to buy a external drive, and I am waiting for this new port.

Re: Time to upgrade to USB 3.1 for more faster data transfer speed

It is just released. Yet it is not adopted by any manufacturer in the market. We are getting the same Usb 3.0 devices. So it is wise to go for that. Because even if any product is released with new usb 3.1 support then it will be costly. Compare to that, pen drives of usb 3.0 are quiet cheaper.

There is a bit time until you finally get that. Rightnow USB 3.0 is booming the market and really there are very cheap hard drive, usb available. For pc I do not think there will be new upgrades available so soon. USB 3.1 is really awesome if we talk about using a usb hub. On which you can get a much faster transfer speed compare to others and you can at the same time use more number of devices. 10Gbps of transfer speed is really surprising. For upgrading to usb 3.0 I had purchased a separate usb 3.0 pci card from the market. Because that is the only way available by which you can add a new data transfer interface on your system. While still my motherboard has the same usb 2.0 board only. I had not yet seen any devices in the market which promise to come with usb 3.1 port. They are coming with usb 3.0 only. Rightnow we will have to wait back for sometime.

That is a good news I think. The new interface is surely better. But I do not really think the transfer rate will be 10gbps on all system. It might be around 400 to 500 mbps or even lower. That is because of hardware limitation.