Thread: How to find Intel DH61HO motherboard is dead or not

How to find Intel DH61HO motherboard is dead or not

My system suddenly stopped working. It has a Intel DH61HO board. It was working well last night when I kept some files on download from torrent. The morning when I turned it on there was nothing on the screen. The only front light blinks. My monitor says no signal. I am not so good in computer hardware. I opened up the case and everything looks to be connected well. What should I do.

Re: How to find Intel DH61HO motherboard is dead or not

There must be some kind of beep noise. Through which we came to know that the system is working. Now if there is nothing then there can be some serious issue with the system. Try to disconnect all hardware and then turn it on.

First disconnect everything. The hardware, dvd rom, etc. Remove the ram and clean the edges. Hook it back on the board. Turn it on. Check that the cpu fan is moving or not. There is a green light on the board which shows power is ok. If that light is not on then the issue lies with the psu. You have to arrange a new one to test it out. Before buying just arrange one to test it. When a board is dead the system will have nothing on the screen. Sometime the issue also lies with the processor. So removing them one by one and adding it properly by cleaning will give you more information on fixing the problem. There is a CMOS battery also available on it. You can remove it and add it back. This are basic things you can try out from your end to locate the issue with board. But if nothing works then I will recommend you to carry the motherboard to your nearest service center. Which is more better.

Remove all the ram and turn on your system. New boards will boot without ram also. Check the jumper settings one by one. You can find more information on that in the motherboard manual.

There is no proper tool available that can give you information whether your board is active or dead. We can only find that by getting the beep sound. A chip level engineer can only tell you about the board. You can try contacting the service center first. Because if that is under warranty then surely it will save your money. But if not then you have to pay for the repair. It can be fixed if there is no severe problem. Most of the system fails to work due to burned chip which is possible to replace. By swapping ram or by fixing back the processor might resolve the problem. And if nothing works out then you simply need to contact the service center. The board which you are using features LGA1155socket. If your board does not worked then you can go for Gigabyte GA-H61M-S1 which comes for Rs.3051. I am using this one.