Thread: AMD FX 8350 Processor hype to 80 degree within a minute

AMD FX 8350 Processor hype to 80 degree within a minute

My friend and I am building a new pc. We had arranged everything. For cpu we bought AMD FX8350. This is a nice cpu for gaming purpose. After when everything is done, we turned on the system and installed Windows on it. The system worked really slow and I was not able to work on it. Within a minute the system temperature just goes upto 80 degree. I found that through a cpu temperature monitoring utility. Is this fine or there is some problem with my system.

Re: AMD FX 8350 Processor hype to 80 degree within a minute

Did your cpu case has bunch of cables hanging around. It is necessary that you must tie them properly and arrange it so that air ventilation goes more proper. You can also change the existing stock fan and get a better one.

My system has a Intel Core i3 processor. Now there was a problem with heating. But it started after years of usage. I formatted the system and found that still my cpu temperature was high. It was high in bios also. I tested that under pc health status. The first thing I did is applied a good thermal paste on the processor. Which gave it a bit time to cool down. But that was not effective. The temperature was reduced to 20% only. I bought a new cpu fan. I ordered Scythe Katana 4. This is costly but really effective cooler. I am using this now for more than 4 months and it is working fine. There is no problem with the usage. The cpu cooler is much better compare to the regular one. The output is great and there is enough air ventilation. This new cooler is bigger and better. Instead of pulling air towards the upper part the fan is placed on the sides. So that more air can be drawn out giving better cooling output. I will also recommend you to change your cooler. Buy a costly one which is bigger. The bigger fan you have the more air flow will keep your cpu cooler in extreme usage.

Just apply a thermal paste. I think that will do the job. Check all the connection properly on your system. Also verify that you are using the right amount of psu which is capable of providing your system ample of power.

What case you are using. It is a full size atx case or a mid tower. Sometime due to less space airflow is affected and provide you issue with cooling. It is necessary that you must simply move ahead with making proper space inside the system case. Or else the problem will lie the same. Changing the fan is a good choice, but still first you will need to verify the problem you are facing. A normal operating temperature of a processor lies between 50 to 65degree but above that it means it is overheating. And if you keep on using your cpu on that point then it might cause hardware issue. The effective way of keeping a cpu cooler is simply getting a portable liquid cooler. There are ample of portable liquid cooler available in the market which are small in size and easy to use also. The configuration part lies simply better here.