Thread: How to determine which memory speed is better for system

How to determine which memory speed is better for system

Does ram mhz really matters. I had seen different kind of ram sticks in the market. Both are 2GB. Among which one is 800Mhz and other one is 1333Mhz. Both looks similar to me. But I am still confuse what to choose for. What is this Mhz actually and what it does. I am upgrading ram for gaming support. I had 2GB already in my system. I do not know the Mhz of that ram. Should it be matching.

Re: How to determine which memory speed is better for system

Yes. But it is not necessary. It depends on the motherboard. If your motherboard supports ram mhz upto 1600 Mhz then you can use different Mhz ram on it. But if not then your system will crash. The higher the mhz is the better your system will work.

Mhz is like a ram speed. If you buy a 2GB 800Mhz ram over 2GB 1600Mhz ram then the second one is more faster and better. Also DDR2 and DDR3 specification matters here. The most newer the more better output will be. Ample of time due to low end specification even after having good hardware your system performance remains minimal. When you are buying a ram you must first checkout your motherboard specification or specification of ram which you are using currently. You can do that by a simple software called as Cpu-Z. This is a tiny tool that can give you information your system hardware. Download and install the same first. Run the software and go in the memory section to find out information on it. You can collect info like Mhz or latency there and on that basis buy the second ram. High mhz ram gives more faster speed. Like for gaming atleast 1333Mhz ram is recommended. That makes the output more better. Go for buying a new stick only after you can find the right specification here.

I think it does not really matters. Those stuff are checked for high end gaming pc and for servers. While on regular stuff you can go with any kind of ram configuration. Which is bit enough.

For a gaming system atleast 8GB of ram is essential. This much amount of ram can make your system output far more better and smooth. Along with this cpu like Intel Core i5 and 2GB gpu you can play any game at highest settings. In terms of ram there is very few things to choose. It is not confusing at all. Usually today manufacturers sell ram around 1333Mhz. It is one of the most common ram specification sold in the market. There are more higher model available but that can be costly also. Some manufacturer sells specialize ram sticks in the market. They are ideally designed for overclocking and gaming. Those are different stuff because they land into exclusive choice. But if we go for purchase wisely then any ram stick that is upto 800Mhz or higher is good enough to deliver reasonable performance.