Thread: Msi G41M-P33 Combo turns off automatically

Msi G41M-P33 Combo turns off automatically

I purchased a combo of Msi G41M-P33 board with Intel processor and 4GB ram. This is a new system. I am using it fine from last couple of months. To give some games and movies from the system I removed the hard drive and used it on my friends pc. Later on when I reconnected everything the pc works for sometime. But it turns off automatically after a hour. This is getting more frequent now. I am not able to work on it. It is just turning off by its own self. I need some help to fix this out.

Re: Msi G41M-P33 Combo turns off automatically

Look out the power connector. Remove it and insert it back. It can be due to that. Ample of time when we remove any hardware component from the system other cables are disturb. The common cause can be loose connection. So just reconnect the power connection back. I am talking about the one which is connected to the motherboard. Try to use it for sometime after that.

There are many reasons behind this issue. It can be due to heating, loose connection, power fluctuation, bad psu or motherboard. So you will need to check everything one by one. Lets being with the power socket. Try to test it on some other equipment. Call a electrician and show him the line. Second thing you can do is test your psu. Now this is a bit lengthy and complicated process because here you have to remove it and use it on some other working pc. If it goes off then you will need to get a replacement for that. Another issue can be with the heating stuff. You can check the cpu temperature in the bios itself. If the temperature is rising then you will need to buy a good cpu cooler along with a more better heat sink. You have to apply the same on the processor and then add the fan on the same. Heating is a very common in system due to poor heat sink. You can keep a cpu temperature monitor utility on your desktop which give you real-time updates of changing temp. While if nothing works and still the system turns off buy its own self then you will need to test the motherboard. The board might be not proper or damage due to which you are getting the issue.

That can be a minor psu problem. I am having the same issue on my old system. The psu is having some kind of problem du to which my pc just restarts on its own. It happens constantly at number of time. When I replaced that the issue is resolved.

Overheating is one of the most common issue behind this stuff. A processor is usually designed in such a way that if it crosses a certain set of temperature it simply turns off itself to protect the pc from any further damage. Now sometime due to low psu also this kind of issue appear. Like if you are having a low end psu and your system is having more number of hardware components that needs higher power, then your pc will keep on turning it off. Upgrading to a new psu is far more better here. Because there are ample of decent models available in the market. They are relatively cheaper also. If you are having a graphic card in your system then it is recommended that you must go for atleast 440w or higher. Lower than that is not recommended at all. Because at the time of usage your system requires enough amount of power. While heating can be easily identified via bios or through some cpu temperature monitoring utilities. If the cpu temperature goes at a high rate that means between 70 to 80 degree or higher then your system is really at a risk. You will require to add a good fan and heat-sink on the same.