Thread: error after enabling "Windows 8 Mode" in MSI Z77A-GD65

error after enabling "Windows 8 Mode" in MSI Z77A-GD65

Hi,

I am using a MSI Z77A-GD65 motherboard and have researched a lot about the new BIOS version that has a new Windows 8 configuration. I am using a new SSD and in BIOS if I choose to enable the Windows 8 mode and press F10 to save and restart my computer then I immediately get an error message that states "Non-Windows 8 Logo Graphic Card. There is no GOP support detected in this card". After that it will turn of the Windows 8 configuration. I have tried this many times with onboard graphics as well as Geforce 600 series graphics card but it is still giving me same error message? What else can I do to solve this problem? Thanks.

Re: error after enabling "Windows 8 Mode" in MSI Z77A-GD65

First of all, can you tell us whether you have done an upgrade install or a clean install because this problem is happening with many people due to upgrade install. So, if you can do a clean install of the OS then check it the problem gets resolved. Even I got a Z77 mobo and I dont have any kind of problem that you are facing. You will need to go to the MSI website and download their latest bios update that supports Windows 8. Just flash the BIOS and see if that works, download it from here - http://www.msi.com/product/mb/Z77A-GD65.html#/?div=BIOS

Can you get into the BIOS and check around the integrated graphic settings. Check to see whether you are using the IGD then discrete card will be removed. After that you need to also disable Virtu and then set the IGD as primary. Now you can try to flash the bios version to 10.6 and see if that helps - http://www.msi.com/product/mb/Z77A-GD65.html#/?div=BIOS. In the notes also I can see a vbios is listed.

It would be good if you can reinstall your Windows 8 operating system once again and then ensure to use the BIOS Mode and not the EUFI Mode. Also, dont use the ClickBios II and for overclocking you have to do that manually and dont use any software or such. I think that the new BIOS would be UEFI bios and to take full advantage of that, you will need to install Windows 8 with a UEFI firmware boot. Hope this helps.