Thread: After updating bios in MSI Z77A-G45, getting PC Beep

After updating bios in MSI Z77A-G45, getting PC Beep

I had updated the bios of my motherboard. The process was proper and there was no error nor any issue while running the update. The model of my motherboard is MSI Z77A-G45. After running the update when I restarted my pc there is a continuous beep.The system is not at all turning on. There is no bios screen nor there is any indication of my operating system. I need some help here to fix the problem.

Re: After updating bios in MSI Z77A-G45, getting PC Beep

It looks you had used the wrong bios version. You will have to re-flash the bios back again then test back whether the board is working fine or not. This time as you are not able to boot your system try to go with different bios update procedure which includes a cd. You can find the relative update on the manufacturer's website.

Your board is dead after wrong bios flash. Did you verified the version before flashing. I did the same with my intel board. There was a exe utility that I found on the official site. I downloaded that with the driver updater file. Now somehow there was a problem due to which the update was stopped in between and my system crashed. On reboot I just get beep sound. That's all. But as it was a old system it came with a floppy drive. And there was a manual process available through which I can run the flash via floppy.The same worked. It was complicated. Because first I have to create a floppy drive that can boot into my system bios and overwrite the file. There are still ample of process available which can help you to fix it, but new system here does not has floppy support due to which you cannot flash their bios. It is essential that you must checkout for a alternative way to re-flash the bios and test back. Somehow new boards are equipped with flashing bios via CD. The other best way is to carry the board to your nearest service center and ask for repair. They would charge a minimal amount and fix the same.

The best will be carrying the board to your nearest service center. That will be more better. Because they have a specialized pci cards through which they can relfash the bios back and fix the issue.

Your board is not completely dead. A wrong bios update has caused the issue. Now beeps are type of error codes that tell you about the issue. You can find the error codes and associated issue in the motherboard manual. Like long beep common appear when ram is not proper. To troubleshoot disconnect the all the connected hardware like a graphic card, printer, any other pci card, etc. And then try to boot. Try to change the ram slots also. If nothing works then the last option left is to take the board to your nearest service center. MSI boards comes with a feature of flashing bios via USB. There is a complete process available. I will advice you to first checkout proper guide on the same and then test back. That would be more better I think.