Thread: Difference between Normal Kingston Memory and HyperX

Difference between Normal Kingston Memory and HyperX

What is the difference between a regular ram and Kingston HyperX. I went to a computer shop to buy a new ram where I found two different models under Kingston. The first one is the regular ram which is a 2GB DDR3 RAM kit. While the second one is a costly one that belongs to HyperX series. The ram looks a bit good in heavy usage. I am having a gaming pc with 2GB ram only and the motherboard supports upto 8GB. I want to add two more sticks here. Which one should I buy.

Re: Difference between Normal Kingston Memory and HyperX

Go for the regular one. That will be more better. They are cheaper and enough for any gaming pc. Hyperx is a heavy duty ram which is costly and costly also. I am having 4GB kingston DDR3 ram. Which is a regular ram. And it works really fine.

HyperX ram is mostly recommended for server level. Those are high end performance ram. I do not think you really need that.But it basically depend on your choice. The ram offers great performance over existing one. The regular DDR3 ram that we buy in the market comes at 800Mhz while this series can be more higher. To take maximum benefit from the same you will need a good motherboard also. There are three series available in the ram. They are blu, genesis and predator. Each of them are different in output. The blu belongs to the entry level series while the genesis and predator are bit high end. The ram offers you great performance output in terms of processing. It is also necessary that you must have the right kind of cpu with the same. Or else it will not give you proper output and your investment will be wasted. Usually Hyperx works on all kind of motherboards but to draw out maximum output from the same it is essential that you must move ahead with compatible hardware configuration. Or else the issue will lie the same.

I also do not think you might really needs those kind of ram. Kingston HyperX blu comes for Rs.2,000 minimum. While other two are more costlier. It is essential that you must go with the one that fits your budget well. Why to simply waste money on a costly ram.

My friend own a high end system here. He had added 2 hyper blu ram of 4GB each. It is a dedicated gaming pc which works really well for all kind of game and powered by high end dual gpu. He had just upgraded recently to the predator series. This ram are designed for costly system. They are not great for regular pc. It is essential that you go with some budget gaming ram in the market. Gaming ram are bit better over the regular one. There is a reason for that. They can handle more heat and can deal with more pressure. So you do not really require to worry much about the performance output here. Also another major feature of this ram is that they can tolerate more pressure in overclocking. Have a look on Corsair Vengeance. It is another great ram for overclocking and give great speed. This kits can be really helpful if you are buying a 16GB kits. And to use them completely your system must be also capable.

I think this kind of ram are only meant for overclocking. They work more better compare to the regular one. The regular ram can offer you maximum of 1333Mhz output which is not bad enough. Just keep a good gpu in your system.

Ram buying for a gaming pc is always complicated. It is really ont easy to find out which will fit the best in terms of performance. I think ram manufacturers just add more flashy stuff on memory by adding them heat panels and new look. While inside everything looks to be similar. If you are looking for serious performance then going for Kingston is not a bad choice at all. Here the blu series comes in 1GB, 2GB & 4GB RAm kits. You can buy one among them. It offers you frequency speed upto 1600Mhz. Check your motherboard specification before buying the same .Or else you might waste your money. There are more two edition available here. The red and black which differ in specification also. Kingston Hyperx black is the extreme one which gives you maximum frequency. It is really necessary that you must match the ram specs with motherboard. Or else your money will be wasted. Like if your motherboard supports upto maximum upto 1333Mhz only then adding a 1600Mhz ram will not work. Your system will fail to boot.

Instead of going for 2GB HyperX Blu you can go for a 4GB ram kit from Kingston. The regular ram works fine. I am having the one. I am having total 8GB ram on my system and there is no issue here. The games goes well. Only thing I have to avoid is overclocking.

Instead of going for 2GB HyperX Blu you can go for a 4GB ram kit from Kingston. The regular ram works fine. I am having the one. I am having total 8GB ram on my system and there is no issue here. The games goes well. Only thing I have to avoid is overclocking.