Thread: Haswell vs Sandy Bridge-E, which runs faster

Haswell vs Sandy Bridge-E, which runs faster

Which among Haswell or Sandy Bridget will be best for a gaming pc. I am going to buy a assembled system where I had kept in mind to purchase Intel Core i5. I am getting a Sandy Bridge version here. But I found on internet that Haswell is the latest cpu which is more better. I am still confused what to go for. Can anyone tell me the exact difference between both of them. I am not no technically advance. My prime motive here is to get the best in gaming, that's all.

Re: Haswell vs Sandy Bridge-E, which runs faster

Haswell will be expensive for you. I think you must go for Sandy Bridge. The difference lies in the architecture of a processor. I had seen ample of budget processors under Sandy Bridge are working well. I am using Ivy Bridge from one year and it works really well.

Haswell is designed by Intel to power ultra books. Processor which belongs to this series are low in power consumption but good in performance. They are surely costly. Compare to that Sandy Bridge cpu's are the latest. It consist of a huge range of processor depending on different requirement. The mainstream cpu series which is great for day to day work offers you Celeron, Pentium and Core i3 series model. That starts from 1.6Ghz and ends at 2.6Ghz. So that is fiar enough for every day usage. While it also has a performance and extreme performance series. The performance series consist of cpu models under Core i3, Core i5 and Core i7 model while extreme performance only offers high end series of Core i7 cpu model. So it is basically your choice what you want. The more you try to go for latest the more you have to pay. Even today you can go with Core i3 2120 cpu offering a clock rate of 3.3Ghz for gaming. Just add a good set of gpu on your pc and ample of physical ram. That's all. While here Haswell are really costly. It is not easy to define the performance difference here, because we are talking about the architecture not about the clock rate.

Haswell processors features a micro-architecture. That means they are mostly mobile processor designed for ultrabooks. I had not yet seen any desktop version. But yes you can find them in laptop. The price is relatively high here. Do not go for it. Go for Ivy Bridge or Sandy Bridge.

Haswell can be the future architecture for all cpu's by Intel. Rightnow it is implemented for ultrabooks.The processor is designed to run on optimized power. Sandy Bridge lacks that features. That means when you are using your system for gaming, the cpu works on extreme rate depending on the game requirement. That means it will consume more power and if your system lacks improper ventilation then it might heat up really fast. So overall Haswell is cooler than Sandy Bridge. Taking ultrabooks into consideration, Intel has designed cpu's under this to work on low power. As ultrabooks rely on battery power. And if you need to run resource intensive task on them, then they are limited by power source and hardware architecture. To boost their performance Haswell is introduced. Mostly Intel Core i5 and Core i7 processors model comes under this. If you are really looking for Haswell only then I can list you some models. You can try to find the cost of the same on web and compare them with Sandy Bridge cpu. You will get the difference. Under Core i5 checkout for 4430, 4570T, 4670 and under Core i7 look for 4770R, 4770S and 4770K.

According to me it is not bad to opt for Ivy Bridge also. I had checked the price list of Sandy Bridge cpu's which comes in affordable range. For gaming even Core i3 is not bad. A Core i5 processor will cost you around Rs.10,000 to Rs.14,000 while Core i3 will cost you around Rs.6,000 to Rs.8,000.

The performance of Haswell is yet unknown. It is on you if you want to buy Sandy Bridge then it is cool enough. Your system will be ready instantly while if you want you can wait back for Haswell. It is also easy to find relative benchmarking results on the web associated with different processor. I had seen a lot number of systems with Intel Sandy Bridge cpu which are working really well in terms of output. Things does not looks complicated here. It is essential that you must choose the one that fits your budget. You are not having low choice under Sandy Bridge. I had recently bought a laptop that comes with similar Core i3 cpu and 1GB dedicated video memory. I installed Far Cry 3 on that which worked really fine. There was no issue with the output. There was no lagging problem. But on extreme settings the game output is affected. That is due to limited processing power. I think any reasonable Core i series cpu with 2GB dedicated video memory and 4GB physical ram is more than enough for gaming.

I agree with that. I was having a single gpu before. Then I added one more. Now I am able to play games on my HDTV at full resolution. The screen goes well and has no issue. Before that when I try to play game on dual monitor there was lagging issue. Your video memory plays a important role in game stuff.