Thread: ASRock Z77 Pro4 worthit?

ASRock Z77 Pro4 worthit?

Is there anyone who is using this ASRock Z77 Pro4 motherboard can give me some feedback on the same, whether it is worth to buy it? I am looking to purchase this motherboard and gonna use i5 core processor along with it. I am looking to buy it since I heard about its good overclocking performance and also the native USB 3.0 support. So, can anyone tell me if this will be a good buy? Thanks

Re: ASRock Z77 Pro4 worthit?

Well, I would recommend you to go with ASROCK Z77 EXTREME4 motherboard instead. It is a highly recommended board with lots of features such as:

- Extremely well designed,
    - Excellent ergonomics,
    - Robustness, build quality (quality finish for this price which is impressive)
    - No apparent problems with BIOS or software found (installation with a now classic Core i5 2500K)
    - Very high-grade components (for this price range).
    - Clear presention.
    - Good Packaging.
    - Compared to what I have had in "Asus" or "Gygabyte" in a range of "approaching" award, with it I am getting high-level design, high performance levels, etc.
    - For the moment, with the same components I had a "gigabyte" H67 before "... all other components were the same, all processes, ignition PC displays web pages, start programs, just by changing the H67 by the Z77 Extreme4 is like comparing a 4 cylinder V8 bike and a racing bike.
    - Performance is "lightning" and "close" to a high standard for a low price and its quality for such a construction! , An e-SATA connector on the back, USB 3, many possibilities of connections (chassis fans, CPU, etc.)

Even I agree that you should go for ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Motherboard. Its main advantages is that it support for SLI and CrossFireX in x8/x8, 4 USB 3.0 ports, 8 SATA ports with 4 6Gbps ports. SATA ports can be properly angled which makes cable management better. One flaw is with the ram to overclock, but rather out of any issues. But I cannot directly blame the motherboard, as it can come from my RAM too! We can also blame the mobo for having only 2 USB 2.0 on the rear panel. I think it's limited because this interface is far from obsolete, and even if it is backward compatible, 4 ports of USB 3.0 are welcome anytime. The price for this board is not much as well.

I am using the ASRock Z77 Pro3 motherboard but I actually wanted to buy the Extreme4. I have heard many reviews about Extreme4 board with good overclocking and higher quality. Also with ASRock Z77 Pro4 you will be limited on running only 1 gpu even though it supports crossfire. In anycase I would be buying a new board in a couple of month for sure now.