Thread: Asus P6X58D wont wake up from sleep

Asus P6X58D wont wake up from sleep

I am running Windows 7 64bit on Asus P6X58D motherboard and sometimes there are some issues with this board. When I turn on the machine then it boots properly in Windows and all the things work fine without any issues. The problem occurs when I put this system to sleep. Normally, when I press the sleep button then it goes to sleep fine and wakes up quickly if I do it at 1 hour time gap or so. But at overnight when I keep it on sleep and then in the morning if I try to wake it up then I get some clicking sound and nothing happens, it will not wake up? So, I am forced to do a hard reset and the system power backs up normally. I dont know whether this is a motherboard problem or power supply issue. I got a 600W power supply which doesnt seems to have any issues. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Re: Asus P6X58D wont wake up from sleep

Well, have you got the latest Bios for the Asus P6X58D motherboard. It has been updated over years to 1501 BIOS. You can download it from the official website of Asus from here - http://support.asus.com/download.asp...0Premium&os=30

Simply click on the Download tab and then choose the operating system that you are using, and then click on the BIOS section and download the latest bios and install it. After installing check whether your system is working fine or not with the "wake up from sleep" issue.

Did you try to turn off hybrid sleep and used the standard sleep and hibernate option to check if it works? Try to do that and then make the system to go to sleep and then hibernate and leave it like that in the night. Now check the computer by turning it on in the morning and report back if it works or not. You can also set the sleep mode to S3 only and enable the ACPI 2.0+ setting in Bios to correct this problem.

It might be a hardware problem, but you can always try to first freshly install Windows and check if the same problem occurs. So, what you can do is, clear the CMOS and then install Windows. After that do not install any software update and driver and leave the computer to enter sleep mode and see if the same problem happens again. Incase you are still getting the same problem then it could be a faulty motherboard. Anyways, you can go into Control Panel > Power Options > Put the computer to sleep and then set it to never and check for any difference?