Thread: Which Intel Core i7 processor is good for laptop

Which Intel Core i7 processor is good for laptop

I had seen some different laptop models in my shop which has Intel Core i7 processors. All looks same to me. I need some help here to find out which one would be better. My need here is gaming and video editing. So probably I need a processor which is good in output. I had not yet finalized to go for laptop only. I am actually stuck between a desktop and laptop. If I go for desktop I have to use it on a fixed place. While if I have a laptop then I can simply carry that from one place to another.

Re: Which Intel Core i7 processor is good for laptop

There are more than 40 models available under Intel Core i7 series. And each of them are different in the clock rate. There are some processors which has 4 Cores and some of them have only 2 core. The only difference lies is in the threads on cpu. You can find the complete list on Intel's website.

Whatever series you buy you must go for third generation Intel Core i7 processor. I can give you suggestions about some gaming laptop. Because if it is a gaming system then obviously you you will get a nice hardware output on the same. While you can go for any series under Core i7 cpu. As the processor belongs to high end series it is capable of giving you great performance. The processor not only features good speed, but also the data transfer and processing is enhanced. The best laptop yet in the market which is great of gaming is Lenovo Ideapad Y500. Just check this model on web. The laptop features 3rd Generation Intel Core i7 processor. It is simply a great laptop according to me which is capable of giving out nice hardware performance. The internal storage is 1TB and it has a 2GB NVIDIA GeForce gpu also. So that makes it it a extreme model. You had a 16GB SSD on the same also to boost up the system performance. I found this laptop as one of the best for gaming purpose and I hope this will simply work really well and offer great gaming output. Once you buy this you do not require to go for anything.

That is a very costly laptop. And if we talk about assembled desktop then I think that you can make your own gaming pc 60% cheaper then the price of Ideapad Y500. I will recommend you to go for a desktop. It is low on investment and you can also you can upgrade it anytime you want.

That is actually correct. When you go for a desktop you are having options to upgrade it whenever you want. But if go for a laptop then upgrades are always costly. It is essential that you must simply look for a decent model in the market. That would be more beneficial according to me. For laptop we have to compromise with many things. While for desktop we have ample of choices. If you are really ready to spend on high end processor then Core i7 has a Extreme Series product line. This are high end cpu that can work at great speed. It consist of 6 models. Which are Core i7-3970X @ 3.50 GHz), Core i7-3960X @ 3.30 GHz, Core i7-990X @ 3.46 GHz and Core i7-980X @ 3.33 GHz. All the processor features 6 Core and only the first two model supports Intel Turbo Boost Technology. There are two more models under 4 Core cpu. They are Intel i7-975 @ 3.33 GHz and Intel i7-965 @ 3.20 GHz. So this are some cpu models available under extreme edition. I think this would be simply enough to fix the problem you are facing. Just try the same and see what output you are getting.

There is no need to go for extreme series processor. They are quiet costly. You can also buy a good 3rd generation Intel Core i3 processor with 2GB graphic card and 4GB RAM. That's all your. All games work fine on that and the performance is also good. To gain more better output you can add a SSD on the same.

I am having a Core i3 desktop. I had purchased this a year ago. I a having two gpu on it with 4GB ram. Every new games works really well on it. So here it does not matter that your system is having a extreme series processor or not. The system performance here matters on the overall hardware. If you go with a poor hardware config then you will keep on getting this kind of performance issue and you cannot do much on the same. Processors like Core i7 simply boost the processing output but on the same hand it is also recommended that you must also checkout other hardware also.