Thread: Which Motherboard comes with TV Tuner

Which Motherboard comes with TV Tuner

I need a motherboard with integrated TV Tuner on it. I have to provide my client a home theater solution where he wants a TV Tuner on it. He does not want to buy the same separately. Because configuration is complicated. I tried on my nearby store but cannot find a motherboard with TV tuner support. Every where I will need to use it separately. Is there any model available. If not then what is the easiest way to configure a home theater system where minimum configuration remains.

Re: Which Motherboard comes with TV Tuner

Why don't you go for a pci tv tuner card. It is a internal card. You can simply buy that. It is cheaper also and easy to configure. You can simply hook that in your motherboard and then configure it. Most of this cards comes with a pc suite software that allow you to turn it on and off. This is one of the most easiest solution available I think. Or you can buy a HTPC system that has integrated TV out support. That is simply buying a complete system. While for board you have to just use the pci card.

There is a mini board available. The model is ASUS P8H67-I. It is a HTPC board that comes with integrated TV Tuner card inside it. There is a TV out jack on the back side. You just have to connect the TV and run the TV Tuner software. That's all. It works great. But as it is a mini motherboard you will have to buy a small cpu case. It might not fit in the regular one. The cost of this motherboard is Rs.8,000. It can be costly compare to regular boards, but it offers you additional features.

I had seen a model long before by ASUS only. The model is P5RD1-V Deluxe. I think this board is discontinued, but this was the only one full size board that comes with integrated TV tuner solution. It was having a onboard TV Tuner interface. There was a tv out jack on the backside. It was having a Philips TV Tuner on it that supports NTSC/PAL/SECAM/. You can watch as well you can record the programs also. I tried to find the board on web, but it looks no one is selling it.

Why don't you buy a DVR device. This is a separate device that comes with internal storage and ample of different functionalists. There is no need to connect your pc on it. Many satellite services that gives you DVR boxes with instant recording and hd recording solution. In a pc you have to configure a number of different settings to enable TV recording. While on the DVR you just have to connect the tv directly. I do not thing there is a process available that allow you to transfer those recorded stuff.