Thread: System with Biostar G41D3C motherboard keeps on crashing while gaming

System with Biostar G41D3C motherboard keeps on crashing while gaming

My newly build system has Biostar G41D3C motherboard and I don’t know why it keeps on crashing while playing games. It works fine for other tasks but it usually crashes while playing games for half an hour and so. I am not able to make out the exact cause of this issue, I have tried reinstalling windows last week but that dint made any improvement. Any idea what might be wrong??

Re: System with Biostar G41D3C motherboard keeps on crashing while gaming

There might be something wrong with your Graphic card as your system crashes while playing games and not while carrying out any other tasks. Can you just let me know your system specification so that I can have better idea of your problem???
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

My system specification is as followed:
    Intel Pentium Dual Core E5700 3.0 Ghz
    4 GB DDR3 RAM
    ATI Radeon HD 5670 1 GB DDR3
    Biostar G41D3C Motherboard
    450 W PSU
    Windows 7 32 bit Operating system
    Are you sure that there might be something wrong with the graphic card??? I have updated it driver to the latest.

It seems as if your system crashes while gaming because of overheating, have you inspected the temperature of your graphic card or the processor just before your system crashes??? If you haven’t then you can download and install some software for tracking your system temp while gaming, there are so many of them out there. You can install the one you find better, I use CPUID. I also wanted to know if your game lags or hangs before crashing or it crashes all of a sudden without giving you any instance.
    This is a figment of your imagination.

It doesn’t crashes all of a sudden, before it crashes I can see some lines on the screen. I don’t think that this crashing issue is because of overheating as there is plenty of room inside my CPU case to dispatch the heat generated by CPU and GPU. There is something else that is causing this issue and I am not able to find out exactly what. My ATI Radeon HD 5670 1 GB DDR3 is very new and I don’t think there might be something wrong with it, one of my friend had tested my card for playing battlefield 3 in his system and everything was working fine there. He was able to play the game for hours without any overheating issue.

If you are quite sure that there is nothing wrong with your graphic card then there might be something wrong with your processor. If you have some other system at your place then you can test your processor in it. Testing your GPU and CPU in some other system will surely be a better idea to track the actual cause of this issue.

Ok, I’ll ask my friend to test the processor as well. Actually my Intel Pentium Dual Core E5700 3.0 Ghz processor is not new and now even I think that there is something wrong with it. I had bought it for second hand but I had tested it before buying and it was working well. Don’t know what might have gone wrong after installing it in my system. I had applied proper thermal paste on it a couple of weeks ago, the thermal paste is still there, it has not dried completely. I can carry out other tasks for long hours, so I doubt my system might be crashing due to overheating issue, there might be something else wrong with the processor.