Thread: GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 back side USB 3.0 ports stopped working

GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 back side USB 3.0 ports stopped working

Something went wrong with my GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 motherboard. Its back side USB 3.0 ports have stopped working. I have gone through the device manager and I see only one controller where as the other are missing. Everything was working fine, don’t know what went wrong with it suddenly, any idea what might have caused this issue??? Front panel ports are working fine without. This issue is just with the back side USB 3.0 ports.

Re: GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 back side USB 3.0 ports stopped working

I guess something might have got messed up in BIOS.I want to know if you have made any changes in BIOS settings. Just go through BIOS and make sure both controllers are turned on. If that’s not the case then you can try updating the bios to latest if you haven’t. Just make sure that you are updating it to latest available.

No I haven’t made any changes in BIOS. However, after your suggestion I have gone through the BIOS setting and both controllers were already on. I had updated the BIOS to the latest some weeks ago but I am still not able to get back side USB 3.0 ports working. I am not sure but it seems as if there I some kind of hardware fault with them. I have checked out the cables and have made sure that there is no lose connection and all. Is there anything else that I need to check out further??? Or I should call a locale to check it out?? I am running out of ideas and any help for fixing this issue will be grateful, thanks in advance.

Have you tried updating the chipset driver?? If not, then try updating the chipset driver and see if that makes any difference. I am not sure if that would help but you can surely try it out in such case.

I have tried updating the chip set driver but no luck. My system is up to date with all recommended windows updates installed. I don’t think this is a driver issue, there is something else that is wrong but I am not able to track out the same. As far as I am aware this issue started after installing some windows update. However, system restore was the very first thing that I had tried but it made no difference in my case. I have tried disconnecting the port cable and have tried connecting them again but no matter what I have tried so far, I haven’t been able to get them working. Let me know if there is anything to try or check out further. Further help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Which version of BIOS you are currently running?? While looking after a fix for your issue I came across some other people who were facing exactly the same issue. Most of them have mentioned that there is something wrong with the latest U1h UEFI BIOS. So even if you have installed the same version of BIOS then you will have to revert back to F12 version. That’s the only solution that I have come across so far for fixing this issue.
    So just give it a try and post back if it helps you out as well
    KNOWLEDGE IS POWER