Thread: Gigabyte 990XA-UD3 Sound not working

Gigabyte 990XA-UD3 Sound not working

My system is having Gigabyte 990XA-UD3 and something went wrong with it suddenly. I am not able to get any sound from its rear panel. When I insert any headphones in front panel I get terrible noise and nothing else. I can’t hear the songs that I play, I did not had any issue with it until yesterday, as far as I am aware everything was working fine when I turned it off last time. Just let me know if there is anything that I can try out from my end rather than getting the board checked.

Re: Gigabyte 990XA-UD3 Sound not working

There might be something wrong with your sound card driver. I want to know if you have tried updating it???
    Just go in to control panel > Administrative tool > Computer management > Device manager and check out if your sound driver is listed with a “Yellow exclamation mark”.
    If it is listed with Yellow exclamation mark, then its driver might have got crashed and might have not got recovered automatically. In such cases one has to reinstall the driver. Just check it out and let me know what you see there for further help.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter

Yes it is listed with “Yellow exclamation mark” but when I am trying to update the driver for it from there, then I am getting a message saying “VIA HD AUDIO NOT FOUND”. What doesn’t that mean??? Do you have any idea about it???

Try installing the driver manually rather than using the update feature. If you have your motherboard CD, then you can click on update, select “Install from a specific location” and point the updater to your disc. It will search for the sound driver in your disc automatically and will install it. Just make sure that you are restarting your system once the installation procedure gets completed. In case if you face any other error, then make a note of it and post it in your next reply so that I can have better idea of the issue you are going through.

I have now tried updating the sound driver using the Disk that I had received with the motherboard. However, as soon as I click on update I get the same error message saying “VIA HD AUDIO NOT FOUND”.
    Also in taskbar I see this message:

Is there any other solution that I can try out??? Any further help regarding this will be highly appreciated, thanks in advance.

There's surely something wrong with your sound chip on the motherboard. That’s the reason you are not able to install driver for the same and you are getting “VIA HD AUDIO NOT FOUND” error message. I don’t think there might be any solution that you will be able to try from your end for now. Sound chips are integrated on the board and messing with it won’t be a good idea. If your motherboard is under warranty then send it for repairing. If not, then you can get it checked from your local computer repairing store. In case they tell you that the “sound chip” won’t get repaired then you can get a cheap external sound card.