Thread: Gigabyte EP45-UD3L hangs on post when USB devices are plugged in

Gigabyte EP45-UD3L hangs on post when USB devices are plugged in

My system has Gigabyte EP45-UD3L and since the day i have installed it in my system, i have been facing a very common problem. For some reason my system gets hanged while posting, only when USB devices are plugged in for eg mouse, keyborad etc. In order to boot in to windows i have to press CTRL+ALT+DEL a couple of times else it will sit there only. This issue occurs randomly and not every time. Sometimes it just boots up fine without any issues and some times it just sits while posting until i press CTRL+ALT+DEL. Is this an issue with my motherboard or there's something else that might be preventing it form booting properly, any guesses??

Re: Gigabyte EP45-UD3L hangs on post when USB devices are plugged in

If your boot sequence is proper then there might be something wrong with your board. Generally this happens when USB boot is top in boot sequence but your case seems to be different as this issue is random in your case. Just cross check your system boot sequence by booting in to BIOS, In case it’s proper then get your Motherboard checked form where you might have bought it.
    Break it-So we can Fix It

Even I think there is something wrong with the board but I wanted to know if there might be any workaround that I can try out before visiting the service center of the board. I used to ignore the issue by disconnecting mouse and keyboard but now this issue has started coming up more frequently and I am getting irritated of the same.
    I have gone through other communities where people have mentioned similar issue with other boards and have tried solutions like updating BIOS and updating the Intel chipset driver but no luck. Those things have not made any difference in my case. I am planning to get my board checked this weekend, until then if you any suggestions then do let me know.

There’s surely some issue with you board. I was thinking of suggesting you to update Intel chipset driver but you have already tried that out. You can try out connecting your mouse, keyborad etc in some other ports and cross check if your system boots up fine after that.
    You can also try clearing cmos, I am not sure if that would make difference but you can surely give it a try in such case. You can try easiest method of clearing cmos, just turn off your sytem, unplug the power cord, take out the battery, wait for 1 minute, reseat battery, plug the power cord and turn your system.

Let me know if any of the above workarounds make any difference in your case.