Thread: ASUS M4A78LT-M LE Motherboard wont boot some times

ASUS M4A78LT-M LE Motherboard wont boot some times

I have bought a new system and it has ASUS M4A78LT-M LE Motherboard. I think there is something wrong with the board but i am not that sure about it. In my case when i start the system, it boots in to windows most of the time but some times it wont. I can just hear the fan spinning but nothing happens after that and i have to press the restart button. Once it boot in to windows properly i don't face any issue further, so this issue is just specific during the booting task. Any ideas what might be wrong with the board?? Is there any workaround that i can try out on my own rather than sending the board for checkup???

Re: ASUS M4A78LT-M LE Motherboard wont boot some times

Since you have mentioned that you bought a new system I want to know if you have assembled the system on your own?? If yes than recheck all the connections and make sure there is no instance of lose connection within the case.
    If that’s not the problem than do you hear any been sound when your system refuses to boot??? If yes than make note of the beep pattern and post it in your nest reply, beep patterns refers to faulty components and it might help me to track out the one in your system.

Yes, I have assembled the system myself. I have rechecked all connection and there is no instance of lose connection. I don’t get any beep sound or any kind of error. Like I have mentioned, I just hear the fan spinning and nothing happens, there is no network activity and HDD activity. Even the power switch led doesn’t lights up. At that moment the only solution that works for me is unplugging the power cord, plugging it again and restarting the system.

How many ram sticks are there in your system???? If you have multiple then you can try starting your system with each one individually. There are possibilities that there might be something wrong with one of your multiple ram sticks. Other than that inspect your PSU as well, I don’t doubt it as your system boots up fine most of the time but it can be a possible cause of this issue. So inspect it thoroughly and if possible try using some other working psu if you can arrange.

I have 2 x 4G rams and there is nothing wrong with them. I have tested them out individually. However I am getting the same response, so there is nothing wrong with the RAM’s in my case. I have inspected the PSU and I don’t think there is anything wrong with it as well. Currently I don’t have extra psu to test my system and I can’t arrange it sooner as well. I have gone through some other forums where similar problem were mentioned with different boards. Some people had suggested me booting the system without discrete graphic card and changing the ram slots, I tried both but no avail.

Have you tried resetting CMOS??? In case you haven’t, than you can give it a try. There are different methods for resetting cmos but I will suggest you the simplest one.

• Turn off your system, unplug the power cord
    • Take out the cmos battery from the board and wait for 30 seconds
    • No reset the battery, plug the power cord and restart your system.

If simply resetting cmos doesn’t make any difference case then you can try updating your BIOS as well. You can download the latest bios for your board from asus site.

Guys this issue is due to some loose connection. I have an Antec case and just now when I started my system it didn’t booted up. This time rather than unplugging and plugging the power cord, I simply shake the Antec case and started my system again and it booted up fine. However, when I am opening the case I am not able to figure out the loose connection. I’ll make all the connections from scratch and will let you know if that ends this intermittent boot issue.