Thread: ASUS P8Z77-V PRO with ivy is good?

ASUS P8Z77-V PRO with ivy is good?

I am about to buy a new motherboard for my computer and I have chosen to buy ASUS P8Z77-V PRO. I don’t know much about it as I have none of my friend or relative using it. Also I am thinking of having an Ivy Bridge processor on it. Can someone tell me if this combination of motherboard and processor is good or not?

Re: ASUS P8Z77-V PRO with ivy is good?

ASUS P8Z77-V PRO is a good motherboard and let me tell you though it is of high end quality; it is priced similar to Z68 motherboard. The model of this motherboard looks cool because of the black and blue colored body it has. He boot features that ASUS P8Z77-V PRO provides are also similar to Z68 motherboard. There are few changes made in it but they are better than the previous one. This motherboard is good if you are a hardcore gamer. ASUS P8Z77-V PRO doesn’t just specialize itself in a specific area. It provides a complete all round features.

When it comes to overclocking, ASUS P8Z77-V PRO is one such motherboard that will give you most satisfying results. The overclocking of ASUS P8Z77-V PRO can be compared to that of the Sabertooth and the RoG boards that have powerful overclocking features in it. I tried overclocking Intel Core i7 3770K and I reached at 4.8 GHz with complete stability of the system. The speed provided by ASUS P8Z77-V PRO is outstanding and worth appreciating. I’d say that this is the one of the best motherboard that an overclocker can find.

I ran few benchmarking tests on ASUS P8Z77-V PRO and I think that this motherboard has got a good edge. It can perform great on the stock settings. I had attached Intel Core i7 3960X processor on it and let me tell you that this Ivy Bridge processor gave me the much better performance than any other Quad core processor. The CPU rendering process was close to that of the Asus Sabertooth Z77 and much better than ASRock Fatality Z77 Pro.

Same results were found for CPU encoding processes. I played Shogun 2 on it and let me tell you that performance of this processor was great. I played for 2 hours and the temperature and the resources consumption remained under control.

ASUS P8Z77-V PRO is much better than Intel motherboards because of the multi-threading feature it provides. I think this motherboard will top the list of best motherboards needed for benchmarking and overclocking. The motherboards from Gigabyte are not even close to ASUS P8Z77-V PRO even after overclocking them. Also the Gigabyte motherboards similar to ASUS P8Z77-V PRO are much more expensive than this motherboard.

The best part about this motherboard is that it has best of the BIOS of Intel and Asus. ASUS P8Z77-V PRO has visual BIOS as well as BIOS with UEFI built. Also it provides comfort while using the BIOS.

The major disadvantage of using ASUS P8Z77-V PRO is that it has only 6 USB ports. Two USB 2.0 and four USB 3.0. After connecting mouse in it, you will only get five USB ports to use. If you are a regular user then these USB ports are sufficient for you. But if you are more of a professional kind and you need to use many USB ports at a time, then this motherboard is not for you. But because of impressive stock performance, you can use the USB chassis to have more USB ports on ASUS P8Z77-V PRO. I think that this motherboard is built for the future. You won’t feel any need to buy new motherboard for next few years.

The major problem that users will face with ASUS P8Z77-V PRO is that it doesn’t provide enough space for graphic cad if attached in a CPU cabinet of standard size. Even if you manage to adjust the graphic card on this motherboard when using it in standard CPU cabinet, you will find it difficult to make the backplate fit properly. Also there are many more ports left empty to have extra USB ports to use. But they don’t work efficiently as the other default USB ports.