Thread: Asus P5Q SE PLUS keeps waking up from sleep due to bios?

Asus P5Q SE PLUS keeps waking up from sleep due to bios?

Asus P5Q SE PLUS is my system board and my computer is just 1 year old. now the problem is that all the time my system wakes up automatically whenever I tries to put it in sleep mode. I am just following the simple procedure of putting the PC in sleep mode but then don’t what goes wrong, as soon as I select the option of sleep mode before the machine get into sleep it wakes up.

After doing a lots R&D and testing I found that the BIOS is the main culprit but however I am not sure about my own conclusion as I am not a computer technician. But I would still like to share my observation and know whether I have predicted things right or not.

I personally feel that the problem occurs with the following condition; when I change the mode from Auto to S1 in the BIOS and I put up the system in sleep mode the machine still runs and when I change the mode to S3 and put the computer in sleep mode it automatically wakes up with no reason.

However still I am not able to make out the main reason why I am getting this problem. what exactly should I do to get things working?

Re: Asus P5Q SE PLUS keeps waking up from sleep due to bios?

Even I am having this problem with the same board. First of all I must appreciate you for your affords in find out at least the source and connection of the problem. But still I feel that I am a step ahead of you as I personally feel that I have pointed out the main thing that could help me in resolving the issue.

In my board as far as I know there is no jumper installed on the USB to 2-3 pins, rather than that the jumper attached it to 1-2 pins. I know that the user is not the one who actually does this thing it’s the board manufacturer who do this. But then my question arises is that why exactly Asus did this? Why they have installed the 1-2 jumpers and not 2-3? Does this really affect the sleep mode of the computer?

Yes my friend you have guessed it right. It somewhere plays a big role with the sleep mode. I would help you in resolving the problem. the exact solution for getting rid of this problem is to switch the jumper on your USB to 2-3 pins in order to get the appropriate power supply to them. This could help you in activating the S3 sleep mode and wake up mode. if you don’t do this your computer will always remain in the S1 state. Hope you know what exactly happens when the computer stays in S1 state. They actually remain in a low power mode but still everything will be in running smoothly. Just the machine stays and gets low power.

Yes, I do agree with the solution the problem is nowhere with the computer or with the board. It’s just a simple instruction and you need to keep up in your mind. always remember that the jumpers in the Asus board is always need to be on the 1-2 pins and not anywhere else because 1-2 pins are the one that are responsible for the computer to wake up from the S1 sleep. With the 2-3 pins you will be able to wake up from S3 or S4 sleep.

It is better suggested to check out the manually. There you will get the clear picture of the jumpers and also will get the other related instructions.

This problem in my computer seems to be increasing. I built my system with my own hands using the same Asus board. When I noticed the issue I thought there might be something wrong with the OS so therefore I planned to upgrade the OS of my computer to windows 7 and just after the upgrade when I turned on the machine I found that everything was working fine but still there was problem with the sleep mode.

The problem is with the mouse. I am not able to get my computer’s mouse to wake up from sleep. Seems like the wake up ability of the mouse is disabled. Let me tell you that I have already tried out the suggestion that has been instructed. Also I checked my manuals and found the same thing mentioned there. Is there any extra affords that I need to put down in the computer?

Ok, if you have already tired connecting your jumpers to 1-2 pins and if still you are getting the same problem then I would suggest you to move the jumper to your USB power pin header at the front panel USB connectors. This is actually done when the user is planning to use the front USB ports. But for testing purpose I would suggest you to try it out. Let me know if there is any difference.