Thread: Upgrading to i5 520M from i3 370M processor

Upgrading to i5 520M from i3 370M processor

Is there anyone who has any idea about upgrading an i3 370M processor? I have an i3 370M laptop running the same processor installed into my machine and now I need to upgrade it to i5 520M processor. I know there are many criteria for the processor upgrade. I would definitely provide you all the necessary information but in return just let me know whether it is possible to upgrade. If yes then how I can upgrade to i5 520M. The major doubt I am having is with the socket. The existing i3 processor has a G1 socket and therefore I need to know whether this G1 socket is workable with a G2 socket.

Re: Upgrading to i5 520M from i3 370M processor

Upgrading a laptop’s hardware is always not suggested in any case. They say that the processor of a laptop is especially meant for that specified model so therefore upgrading the processor can tend to be risky and sometimes can even be useless task. Don’t you think that simply upgrading the processor is going to help you; instead with the processor upgrade you will also have to increase the memory of the system anyhow so as I said just upgrading the processor is a useless idea. if you feel that your laptop is nowhere fulfilling the necessary requirements then better switch to some other laptop rather than upgrading the parts. Just wanted to know what exactly is making you to upgrade the process. I mean, what’s making you to take such decision. If you do not mind I would like to know the answer.

Obviously it’s all about gaming my friend. I personally believe that the current processor I am having is not showing up the expected and desired performance with the games I am playing. Its not just me but my other friends also believe the same as they have tried their hands playing some of the games in my laptop. My laptop is Sony Vaio EB series with i3-370M processor. It was them who suggested me about the upgrade so I am here for the same.

I do agree with whatever you said but let me tell you that I already had all this in my mind. I know that upgrading can cause a risk and also I will have to do few more simultaneous upgrade with the processor upgrade which is no at a problem for me, I am ready for those upgrades too. However they won’t cost me more than a new laptop purchase. I am fine with everything until it doesn’t cost me more than a brand new laptop. Buying a new laptop is obviously beyond my budget, other wise I would have surely went for a new machine. Overall I just wanted to say that I have already thought twice before acting once so please help.

A person having a Sony Vaio i3-370M who prefers gaming the most have no other option than upgrading the parts but mostly I do think graphic update is must. Reason is quite simple, this machine has a very poor reputation with the gaming just because of the graphics it is sharing (Intel HD graphic). Everyone knows that more than a processor it’s the graphic that is very much responsible for a better gaming capacity. I do not mean that you shouldn’t upgrade the processor, you can surely get a faster processor that improve the gaming a lot but graphics are must if there is any problem with the video or gaming aspect.

Sony Vaio laptop does show some poor performance in the gaming, I do agree with that but you know no upgrade is going to help you out with improving the performance. Buying another laptop is the only option for you or else adjusts playing within the laptop with some adjusted setup. You can set the resolution to low and other settings at low level and then play the games. If in case you still prefer to upgrade the processor then please at least go for some other processor i.e. you can go for 420M, 450M, 520M or M580M. 520M is also fine but have more choices is a good thing. Choose one amongst them. But still I would say that do not upgrade.