Thread: Getting BSOD with MSI G41M-P21

Getting BSOD with MSI G41M-P21

I am having a MSI G41M-P21 using it since past 4 months. I have also installed a "Tevii S420" tv tuner card win my system. My entire system was working properly but since last couple of days suddenly it started giving me BSODs in every 2 to 3 hours. Along with the blue screen it shows me that there is some problem with the IRQ through the satellite card "Tevii S420". I checkout the card, re-installed it but still getting the same problem, though my TV tuner card is working well. There is no problem with the card, i strongly suspect it is my motherboard MSI G41M-P21 creating the problem. because i checked my Tevii S420 with other computers as well and it is working good. If anyone over here is having any suggestion for this then please let me know about this ?

Re: Getting BSOD with MSI G41M-P21

It is very difficult to get the exact reason as per the error you mentioned above with the Blue Screen. But i guess it should be your outdated BIOS causing the problem. Sid you updated your BIOS ever since you bought it ? If not, better update it to the latest version and see if you still get the BSOD.

Also, if you had installed any application recently better remove it from your system because this can be the cause behind this too. Other than this you can also try by restoring your computer to some earlier date when that was working well. Let me know the results once you are done with these.

Quote Originally Posted by Quasim View Post
    Also, if you had installed any application recently better remove it from your system because this can be the cause behind this too. Other than this you can also try by restoring your computer to some earlier date when that was working well. Let me know the results once you are done with these.
    Exactly. There could be many reasons for BSOD and any recent changes in the system is one of them. As already mentioned in earlier post that some of the software otherwise drivers that you have installed in your computer is having problem and they are leading to have BSOD. It is very important to check when it happens exactly (for example when launch any program installed recently) because that will give you clue.

One reason behind this could also be any changes made in your hardwares recently, like you removed or installed any new hardware in your system. If it is so, undo that changes. Another reason for BSODs could be your RAM. So remove the RAM, check if it is working properly by putting it in any another computer or simply try changing the RAM slots after cleaning them with good eraser.

Hey Mongoli, how many RAM sticks do you have in your system ? I wanted to know this because most probably RAM causes Blue screen on the system. If you have any faulty RAM or bad drivers, you will surely get BSOD. And as i asked in my first sentence, if you have more than 2 RAMs, it creates extra load on the buses and due to that it reduces the effective speed of the RAM. This can create problem as well.