Thread: SSD not recognized in first boot of ASRock H67M-ITX/HT

SSD not recognized in first boot of ASRock H67M-ITX/HT

I am having the ASRock H67M-ITX/HT and all the things in that were running as normal from last many months. But last night, when I was trying to boot my computer then my computer was not able to boot because it failed to detect the SSD. I tried it by restarting some more times but all the times it failed to detect SSD. I checked the connection and there seem to no problem with the connection as well. Now I am wondering that what can m be the reason for this problem. If someone of you can help me then I will really appreciate for that.

Re: SSD not recognized in first boot of ASRock H67M-ITX/HT

As per your explanation, I think that cable that you are using must be changed. Though the connection to both the ends of the cable is perfect but what if cable itself is buggy and cannot provide proper connection to the SSD. So it is worth to try once by changing the cable and see if that solves the problem. Other than this, you must also try by updating the driver to the latest available version. If the existing driver is crashed or outdated then it might show you that effect. Try with both of this and let me know whether this was helpful to you nor not.

It can be a cable issue. You can try checking that first. But if still it is not detecting then one by one check the drive on each slot you have in your system. If it does not work on any of them then it is simple the drive is damage. You have to ask for replacement. SSD's does not have anything special in terms of connectivity. They work like your similar drive. The only difference is in term of storage technology. It must be visible on the system bios once connected. If possible try to post your motherboard model here. Some really old boards does not support SSDs.

The issue can be due to drive mode. Some systems are configured on AHCI mode. You have to switch it back to IDE so that you can use the SSD on your system. You can do the same by changing the mode from bios. This is more easier process. Upon reboot you have to press either Del key or F10 to enter the bios. I am not sure about the exact place but you can try checking in every section. Once it is enable restart your pc and see whether it is detected or not. If not then the drive is damage. You have return from where you had purchased.