Thread: Does Asrock P67 Fatal1ty supports 2xMSI gtx570 GPU and XONAR DS sound card

Does Asrock P67 Fatal1ty supports 2xMSI gtx570 GPU and XONAR DS sound card

I have been planning to build a system and I am quite ready by now. The system will be having ASRock Fatal1ty P67 Professional Motherboard. Here I wanted to know if I will be able to use 2 x MSI GeForce GTX 570 Video Card in sli with the board or not. Actually I have chosen the ram and the cpu checking out their compatibility but then I am not able to make out whether MSI GeForce GTX 570 Video Card will work fine or not. I also wanted to know if ASUS Xonar DS sound card is a good choice or I still have better options. Is there anyone who is using these combinations and can clear out my doubt?

Re: Does Asrock P67 Fatal1ty supports 2xMSI gtx570 GPU and XONAR DS sound card

I have checked out the specification of the ASRock Fatal1ty P67 Professional Motherboard along with the specification of GeForce GTX 570 Video Card and also the sound card. According to me you can use 2 x MSI GeForce GTX 570 in sli as well as ASUS Xonar DS without any issues:
    ASRock Fatal1ty P67 Profesional Motherboard Expansion Slots:
    • 3 x PCI Express 2.0 x16 slots (PCIE2/PCIE4: Single at x16 (PCIE2) / x8 (PCIE4), or dual at x8 (PCIE2) / x8 (PCIE4); PCIE5: x4 mode)
    • 2 x PCI Express 2.0 x1 slots
    • 2 x PCI slots
    • Supports ATI Quad CrossFireX, 3-Way CrossFireX and CrossFireX
    • Supports NVIDIA Quad SLI and SLI

GeForce GTX 570 Video Card:
    • OpenGL- 4.2
    • Bus Support- PCI-E 2.0 x 16
    • Supported Technologies- 3D Vision, 3D Vision Surround, CUDA, DirectX 11, PhysX, SLI
    • SLI Options- 3-way

As far as the choice of Asus Xonar DS 7.1 PCI sound card is concerned I think that it is a good card but if you want to know about other better options then I will suggest you to get Asus' Xonar DX sound card. It will give you better sound quality. It is said to be providing complete valuable Dolby Home Theater technologies for games as well as home entertainments. It comes with Real-time 5.1 Dolby Digital surround sound encoders and Dolby Pro-Logic IIx which are capable of converting stereo or 5.1 sounds in to seamless 7.1 surround soundfield. The best thing about this card is that it Supports latest DS3D GX 2.0 for gaming on Vista & XP. Rather than reviving EAX and DirectSound it is also capable of incorporating below Dolby Home Theater Technologies so as to provide the best gaming experience to their users: