Thread: VIA USB 3 root hub driver won't start and displays code 10 on Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H

VIA USB 3 root hub driver won't start and displays code 10 on Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H

In my computer I have Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H motherboard, Intel core i5 processor, 8GB RAM, 500GB hard drive and Nvidia graphic card. VIA USB 3.0 controller in my computer has stopped working and it is giving me “error code 10”. After installing the windows 7 operating system in my computer I have started installing the drivers and I have connected my USB device in VIA USB 3.0 port which started this problem because according to the manual of my Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H motherboard I have to connect USB device with USB 2.0 before installing the drivers. Now please let me know what should I do to make USB3.0 ports work again properly in my computer. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Re: VIA USB 3 root hub driver won't start and displays code 10 on Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H

I have read your problem and I would like to tell you that you should open device manger in your computer and then uninstalled USB drivers from there. After uninstalling the USB drivers you have to restart your computer and then go to the BIOS setting. In the BIOS setting you have to disable “VIA USB controller” and then save that settings and start your computer again. Now run Ccleaner in your system and then restart your system again.

Go to BIOS setting and enable VIA USB controller from there and save that settings. Now when you start your computer again at that time you have to install USB drivers again and then check whether same problem is occurring or not? I hope this steps will helps you to get rid of this problem.

Re: VIA USB 3 root hub driver won't start and displays code 10 on Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H

After assembling my computer with Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H motherboard when I have installed windows 7 operating system after that I get same problem and then I have first tried to solve this problem reinstalling the USB drivers but that does not helped me to solve this problem. Now after that I have formatted my hard drive and done clean installation of windows 7 again and then I have followed instructions given in the manual and my problem gets solved.

You should also perform clean installation of windows and then connect your mouse and keyboard with USB 2.0. now install all the drivers in your computer and restart your system. After doing that when you connect anything with USB 3.0 at that time you will not face any problem.

If you need any more help with this then let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel Reyes View Post
    I have read your problem and I would like to tell you that you should open device manger in your computer and then uninstalled USB drivers from there. After uninstalling the USB drivers you have to restart your computer and then go to the BIOS setting. In the BIOS setting you have to disable “VIA USB controller” and then save that settings and start your computer again. Now run Ccleaner in your system and then restart your system again.

Go to BIOS setting and enable VIA USB controller from there and save that settings. Now when you start your computer again at that time you have to install USB drivers again and then check whether same problem is occurring or not? I hope this steps will helps you to get rid of this problem.

I have first try to fix this problem by removing the USB drivers and restarting computer with VIA USB controller disabled and then I have run Ccleaner. Then I have rebooted my computer and the enabled VIA USB controller but that does not help me to solve this problem. Is there any other way to solve this problem without formatting the hard drive? Thanks in advance,

Upgrade your BIOS version to F9 and then you should check whether same problem occurring or not? I am suggesting you this solution because I was also having same problem with my computer and then I have contact gigabyte support regarding this problem and they have told me that with BIOS version F9 this problem will get solved. Now after that i have upgrade the BIOS to F9 and then all the things started working correctly. You should also visit the Gigabyte official site and then search for your Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H mother board and after doing that you have to click on the download section and the choose BIOS from “Download type” drop down box. After doing that you have select F9 BIOS and then download it. Now update the BIOS in your computer and then your problem will get solved.