Thread: No Display nor Asrock M3A770DE Boot on new system

No Display nor Asrock M3A770DE Boot on new system

My system specification is as followed:
    • ASRock M3A770DE Motherboard
    • Athlon64 X2 4200+
    • OCZ OCZ550FTY 550W ATX12V v2.2
    • Nvidia GeoForce 7800 GTX
    • 2.5GB DDR400 (2x1GB + 512MB)

The problem that I am facing with the same is my system is not booting and I am not able to get post screen. When I am powering on the system then I am able to hear the cpu and GPU fan spinning but I don’t know why there is not post, no beeps sound at all. The system was working fine previously this issue has started all of a sudden. Is there anything I need to check out or anything that I can try out here to get the system working fine?? Any suggestions.

Re: No Display nor Asrock M3A770DE Boot on new system

Since you have mentioned that this issue has started suddenly I will suggest you to better open the cpu case and inspect the connections thoroughly. Check if there is any lose connection and so. Better try resetting all the hardware’s. Check out if there is any short circuit case. You can take out the board from the case and inspect it on a wooden sheet and so. There are possibilities that this issue can be due to some hardware fault like board, psu, video card and so. If you want then you can try disconnecting the components like video card, hdd, dvd drive, sound card, etc. If that’s not making any difference then you should test out your system with some other psu or board from a working machine and see if it is making any difference.

If you are not having another working machine for now then you can test out the ram and video cards first. I mean try booting the system just without the video card and see if you are able to get post on the screen. Since you are having more than one ram you can try using single ram and boot the system. If that’s not making any difference in your case then try clearing the cmos. You can do that by shorting the jumper on the board or by taking out the battery from the board and resetting it. The easiest method is by removing the battery, in that case you just have to power off the system unplug the power cord and take out the battery. After waiting for some time put battery back. If possible try to check the monitor also. The cable and power connector.

Hey thanks for that but I have now tried out using a working psu and have found that the system is posting properly. I am not able to guess what might have gone wrong with the psu as it was working fine by now. I thought there is something wrong with the board but when I tested out other board then I was getting same response from it. Later testing out the system with another psu helped me out. Anyways I just wanted to know that which will be the best psu in my case as per the specification of my system. Any further help for the same will be highly appreciated.

If you want to get similar 550W psu then I think that “Corsair VX550 550w Power Supply” will be the best choice. I think that it is one of the best 550W psu. You can just go through features of the same:
    • It Supports latest ATX12V v2.2 standard and is compatible with ATX12V 2.01 systems as well.
    • It has a Ultra-quiet 120mm double ball-bearing fan for a better airflow and has very low noise level.
    • It offers maximum efficiency because of its Double-forward switching circuitry design.
    • It cones with Universal AC input 90~264V for scanning and detecting the required voltage automatically.
    • It is capable of offering maximum compatibility with the dedicated single +12V rail.
    • Once can get maximum safety if they have some critical components in the system due to its Over Current/Voltage/Power Protection, Under Voltage Protection as well as Short Circuit Protection.
    • It provides better performance and reliability as it has a High quality Japanese capacitors.
    • It cones with 6 Serial ATA connectors, Extra long cables, Standard ATX PS/2 size: 5.9"(W) x 3.4"(H) X 5.5"(L); 150mm(W) x 86mm(H) x 140mm(L).