Thread: Gigabyte Z77X-D3H mobo boot failure

Gigabyte Z77X-D3H mobo boot failure

I am having the Gigabyte Z77X-D3H motherboard in my computer and all things were working fine but from last few days I am facing problem with the boot. Some times system boots properly but some times boot process fails.

It shows me the message as "failed to boot properly" and there is nothing else apart from this. I get about 4 boot failures in 10 attempt of boot. Can somebody guess that what is the problem with this? Please help me friends.

Re: Gigabyte Z77X-D3H mobo boot failure

Have you overclocked your system? If yes then you can simply put the OC option as manual and after that put the speed as the standard one. I am telling you this because most of the normal series Gigabyte are not good, if you overclock the system. This will only one if you have overclocked your system. If the system is running without overclock then there might be some other problem with that.

It looks like the CMOS battery that you are using is undercharged and that is the reason for failure of system boot. It is not the problem with the board. So just unplug the board from the PSU and then remove the CMOS battery from its slot. After this keep the system as it is for about half an hour and after that connect then back. If that solves the problem then it is good otherwise you can simply get a new battery for your motherboard. This normally resolves such problems and I hope that it will do the same for you.

If you want then you can also try by changing the SATA port that goes to HD. If the SATA port is not providing proper connection with the hard drive then there can be system boot. Other than this, there is also possibility that there is problem with the RAM. Are you using more than 1 RAM module in your computer?

If yes then you can try by switching the RAM slot. Or you can also simply updating the BIOS to the latest version. So these are some of the reasons for the problems like this and you must check for these things first.