Thread: What does "ACS-6xxxx" means in Asus P8P67 DELUXE

What does "ACS-6xxxx" means in Asus P8P67 DELUXE

I have installed the Asus P8P67 DELUXE on my newly build pc. I chose this board because it has several latest features. One of the best feature is it has a support of Front Panel USB 3.0 Box, you can easily attach a USB 3.0 Front Panel to the motherboard. The spec also indicates that it has a faster LAN support. But after the installation I could not able to find the Firewire controller installed. The Windows 7 device manager says that the controller is missing and showing an error. The motherboard products pages showing the Firewire specs like this:
    IEEE 1394:
    VIA 6315N controller
    2 x IEEE 1394a port(s)
    (1 at mid-board, 1 at back panel)
    But in device manager I have found 'ACS-6xxxx' under storage controllers section. Can anyone tell what actually it is? I have gone through all the drivers available on motherboard CD manually but I could not able to find anything like this.

Re: What does "ACS-6xxxx" means in Asus P8P67 DELUXE

I don’t know whether it is a Firewire controller or whatever else, the driver is not yet installed for that part and even it does not contain on the motherboard driver CD. If it was, it could have installed automatically with other drivers. If so, then you have to manually search for the drivers. You can search for drivers on Google by entering ACS-6xxxx. Also try with maker name. it should be Accusys Inc. if you find a compatible drive, you can manually install it. If not found any, you should run Windows update. May be it can install Windows generic drivers for it. Sometimes Windows update capable to pull compatible drivers for it.

Re: What does "ACS-6xxxx" means in Asus P8P67 DELUXE

I assume that it is either the USB controller or the Marvell controller. Yet I am not sure about this because since it is under the storage controller section it is hard to find out which one is it. There are many controllers available under the Storage controller area and I don’t have much information about the each one of them. You could try un-installing or deleting the ACS-6xxx device first and restart the computer. Once it started, it will automatically run the driver installer at start up. Make sure that you have connected your computer to the internet. Select the option like “Connect to the internet and install automatically”. It may find the drivers on internet. If found any, it will install and completes the process. I hope that your USB 3.0 NEC driver had already installed properly.