Thread: AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core 6000+ turning off after a while

AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core 6000+ turning off after a while

My system is having AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core 6000+ with MSI K9A2VM-FD 780V Socket AM2+ board and a Coolermaster 700W Power Supply. The problem that I am facing with the system is that it is turning off after a while. I am not sure about the time but it is probably getting turned off after I use it for five minutes for carrying out normal task and not even gaming. It does not seems like an Over Heating problem to me as I have inspected the same. I have tried cleaning the CPU and Cooler and have also applied thermal paste to be at the safer side but that’s not making any difference and I am still getting the same response from it. Currently I am using the system without the cpu case for inspecting it but I have not yet found anything to be suspicious for this issue. Is there anything else that I need to check out to track out the cause of this?? is there any solution that I can try out for getting rid of this issue??

Re: AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core 6000+ turning off after a while

This issue is mainly because of the overheating, since you have mentioned that you have inspected it out and there is not overheating environment in the cpu you can try checking out the below things as well.
    • Try using some other psu
    • Try using some other ram
    • Try changing the CPU Cooler
    • If possible try using some other motherboard with the components you are having currently.

Juts check out these things and then let me know if you are able to track out the cause of the issue or not.

I should have mentioned out the troubleshooting methods that I have tried out so far. Anyways I will like to inform you that I have tried out swapping the psu, ram as well as CPU Cooler from the other working machine that I am having but the issue is still the same. I have not yet tested out the other components with a different board as currently I am not having a motherboard which is supported by Athon X2 6000+ processor but I will be arranging the same and will be finding it out if there is something wrong with the board. However I wanted to know that what might have went wrong with the board suddenly as things were working fine by now. I don’t suspect any short circuit and so, can this issue be because of the processor??

I have been running in to same issue and my system specs are as followed:
    • AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ 3.00 GHz
    • Asus M2N68-LA Motherboard
    • 6.00 GB RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450
    • BFGR550WGXPSU GX-550 Power Supply

Everything was working fine in my case and I don’t know what exactly has went wrong and now the system is turning itself off after 15 minutes and so. This happens when I am not carrying out any intensive tasks as well. When I run any game then it gets turned off just after 2 minutes of running the game. I have inspected the temperature and I think that there is an overheating issue.Anyways as per my specs I just wanted to know that should I need to add extra case fans only or I should better upgrade the Power Supply that I am having currently. If you say power supply then which will be the best choice in my case. Any suggestions?

If you are sure that your system is suffering from overheating then I think that you should better upgrade the Power Supply rather than adding more case fans. As far as the power supply is concerned I will suggest you to get a Corsair GS700 power supply. It will be a bit costly but once you get it you won’t have to worry about the temperature anymore and it will be capable of handling your further upgrades of the processor and cards as well. You can go through a short specification of Corsair GS700 power supply for instance.
    • Dedicated single +12V rail for offering compatibility with the latest components
    • Fanless mode with ultra-quiet 140mm double ball-bearing fan for excellent airflow.
    • Adjustable LED fan
    • 80 PLUS Bronze certified, delivering up to 85% energy
    • Active Power Factor Correction (PFC) with PF value of 0.99
    • Universal AC input from 100~240VAV
    • High-quality capacitors for better performance and reliability