Thread: Getting Bootblock Mismatch warning while using Uniflash

Getting Bootblock Mismatch warning while using Uniflash

Hey guys I was just trying to write a new BIOS using Uniflash on my FLASH ROM Chip and I am getting the below error message, I don’t have much idea about the same, so is there anyone who can provide me some information about the error. I mean the cause of the error and should I proceed or not??
    Warning: Bootblock mismatch. Proceed (Y, N).
    Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Re: Getting Bootblock Mismatch warning while using Uniflash

First of all you should make clear that you are having the correct bios and you should not proceed if you are getting the mentioned error. Better go in to Uniflash Advanced menu and use the “Flash including bootblock” option. If you still get the same error message then press Y and continue and you should not have any issues further.

If you want then you can try using the latest version of the Uniflash as well, if you are not aware whether you are having correct bios or not then save the existing ROM binary file somewhere and compare it to the new file as per the below parameters:
    • BIOS ID String
    • Chipset Register Defaults
    • IRQ Routing Table
    • ACPI Table

Just try out what I have suggested and then let me know if you are able to get rid of the error message or not, if you have any further query then feel free to ask.

Even I need some help regarding the same. In my case I am trying to flash a AM29F040B using uniflash. I have splitted the EvolutionX22.bin file as followed using the Windows Commander:
    • EvolutionX22.001 - 512k
    • EvolutionX22.002- 512k
    • EvolutionX22.crc-.60bytes

I had booted the PC with a DOS Disk after changing the name of the second file and had removed the PC BIOS chip and had inserted the AM29F040B Carefully but when I am using the uniflash -e evox.bin command then I am getting the below error message:
    "flash verification failed"
    Is there anyone who can help me out with a workaround here?? Any suggestion will be appreciated.

One of my friend was facing the same issue and fortunately he was able to fix it with some workaround. Actually he had splitted the EvolutionX22.bin infile to 4 256k files like below:
    EvoX22.001-256k
    EvoX22.002-256k
    EvoX22.003-256k
    EvoX22.004-256k

So if you want then you can try doing the same and see if it is helping you as well or not. You can use the below code for flashing rom:
    Uniflash -e EvoX22.004

Just check it out and then let me know what you get.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoana View Post
    One of my friend was facing the same issue and fortunately he was able to fix it with some workaround. Actually he had splitted the EvolutionX22.bin infile to 4 256k files like below:
    EvoX22.001-256k
    EvoX22.002-256k
    EvoX22.003-256k
    EvoX22.004-256k

So if you want then you can try doing the same and see if it is helping you as well or not. You can use the below code for flashing rom:
    Uniflash -e EvoX22.004
    Hey thanks for the same but now I have tried flashing the 256k file using UniFlash, now when I am trying to Flash the bios using UniFlash v1.40 then I am getting the below errors:
    Error #152 Unable To Read File.
    Error #152 Drive Is Not Ready.

I thought that there is something wrong with the floppy disk drives and I harive ted using 3 of them but I don’t know why is it not making any difference and I am still getting the same error again and again?? Is there anything else I can do further???

I am trying to flash new bios on my system and I have got the DR-DOS 7.x "Biosflash" Bootdisk-Creator for creating a new bootdisk and even I am using Uniflash. I am having the bios protection disabled but when I am enabling the protection but I don’t know why the writing is getting failed and when I am disabling it then I am getting the below error message:
    Flash rom: chip unknown
    Organization N/A (Is write protection disabled?)
    PCI chipset: Via Apollo Pro (Plus/133(A|T)
    Last wr¡te status: Not available

Write back up bios image to file.
    Flash Bios image file Including Bootblock
    Flash Back up bios image to Flash Rom
    Redetect flash rom
    Cmos set menu
    Advanced submenu
    I have tried out all the possible solution that I could have but none of them is helping me out. What should I do? I don’t think that I am missing out anything. Can anyone help me out as well??