Thread: How to unlock all the features of MSI GT780DX BIOS

How to unlock all the features of MSI GT780DX BIOS

I have a MSI GT780DX with latest BIOS installed. I have flashed the new BIOS recently. Now the problem that i am facing is, there is no way i can use all the features of the BIOS. I do have access to some BIOS setting like we usually get. There are few others setting which I have found as well, but the laptop won’t give me access to those features. They are completely locked. How can I unlock them?

Re: How to unlock all the features of MSI GT780DX BIOS

As far as I know that American Megatrends Inc, or AMI develops BIOS (Basic Input/Output System) for ASUS and MSI motherboards. By this BIOS you can setup the hardware and software settings for the computer to startup. But, by default some manufacturer lock some of the BIOS settings because they assume that it is not really the best thing to do because tweaking those settings are really dangerous for your system. Due to this reason the MSI had locked several settings in BIOS and prevented completely from modifying it. But now it is possible for you to see those locked settings by using certain key combinations. When the computer boots, just press the "Del," "F1" or "Esc" keys which will open the AMI BIOS. Then press the "Alt" and "F1" keys to unlock the hidden settings. If it fails, try pressing the "Shift" and "F1" or "Ctrl" and "F1" instead.

I have heard that sometime clearing out the CMOS or resetting the CMOS will unlock some of the features which were locked by the manufacturer. It may not work with all boards or all BIOS versions but you can try it and see if it works. On the board, near the CMOS battery you will see set of three pins and there is a jumper across two of them. To reset the CMOS, you have to switch the jumper to unused pin. Hold it there for few seconds and again shift it back to the original position. This will reset the CMOS. Now boot into the BIOS and see if you can access those settings are not.

Everyone knows that the MSI BIOS have the best features needed for all purposes. You will get overclocking options, setting for each CPU core and many more. I don’t know what features you are talking about to unlock but as I know that, now manufacturer will allow you to unlock the hidden settings in the BIOS. They are default. If you need to do a custom settings, you need to get some other software installed on the system otherwise you need to re-flash the BIOS with a custom made BIOS file.