Thread: After flashing bios of Gigabyte 8S648FX-RZ is not working

After flashing bios of Gigabyte 8S648FX-RZ is not working

After flashing bios of Gigabyte 8S648FX-RZ board my system is almost dead. I cannot see bios post screen and neither none of my drives are detected. Currently I have around 2 hard drives attached to the system. Both are of 500GB with 2GB ram and additional 2xGPU setup on SLi. The gpu was working slow and the system was heating a lot. I had configure new heatsink and was recommended to flash bios before applying any new hardware. Anyhow I had found a bios download link from a forum which worked fine. I receive a message on the screen stating that the bios update was proper. But later on reboot there was no display on the screen. The only warning message I heard is the beep sound from the system. What can I do know to restore the same back in old stage.

Re: After flashing bios of Gigabyte 8S648FX-RZ is not working

Change the motherboard battery and then try back. See you can find any display on the screen or not. Turn on the system and see that you can see any lights on the keyboard. If not then there is no power in the system. The board is not powering up. The flash is not done properly. Try a bootable dos utility for that. Or simply change the cmos battery and then check back.

Re: After flashing bios of Gigabyte 8S648FX-RZ is not working

It is always best recommended to flash bios via floppy drive. This is simply outdated today, but it is the most reliable process. You can arrange for a usb floppy disc if you want. Because here I am going to mention the method of flashing bios with that. Format floppy diskette, and then download the bios version for Gigabyte site. The app which you download it comes with flash utility. When you run it will ask you to extract the file in A:\ drive. Click on Install. Once done you can go in bios and set the boot drive to floppy. Once you are in floppy you will need to choose the bios file to run update. Read the warning on the screen and then follow the steps. One done you can simply reboot and check. The same process is also application via cd/dvd rom.