Thread: "A bootable device has not been detected" after updating firmware on Intel DX58SO2

"A bootable device has not been detected" after updating firmware on Intel DX58SO2

Hi all, I am having intel DX58SO2.I tried to update my firmware to the latest BIOS Update Version 888. I proceeded to run the update with the Window package and worked without any warning during the update of Windows. Once the firmware update completed and it reboot, it showed the message "A bootable device has not been detected". I tried to load bios default and modified a few items, like disabling integrated audio device, and tried to boot, same message. Does anyone has the solution for the problem?

Re: "A bootable device has not been detected" after updating firmware on Intel DX58SO2

I had the same problem in my desktop and then I used the windows recovery environment to restore the bios settings.
    1. Put the Windows 7 installation disc in the disc drive, and then turn on the computer.
    2. Press a key when you are prompted.
    3. Select repair your computer.
    4. Select the operating system that you want to repair, and then click next.
    5. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click Command Prompt.
    6. Type Bootrec.exe, and then press ENTER

Type the following command after the completion of the above steps.
    • bcdedit /export C:\BCD_Backup
    • Type c: then press enter
    • Type cd boot and press enter
    • attrib bcd -s -h -r
    • ren c:\boot\bcd bcd.old
    • bootrec /RebuildBcd

Re: "A bootable device has not been detected" after updating firmware on Intel DX58SO2

By looking at your problem I think that you have to restore the bios settings. I think that the update of the bios done by you might not be done correctly. There are many ways to restore the bios settings. To restore the bios settings move the BIOS jumper from pins 1-2 to 2-3 and after than turn on the system, it will take you to maintenance mode in BIOS and there you can load the default bios. When you turn on the computer and you are not getting any display then wait for a minute and press F9, then press the letter Y and then press F10 and the letter Y again. Wait for few seconds then turn off the system. After turning the system off change the BIOS jumper to its original position and start the system again. You will be having the default bios settings in your computer. I don’t think that after having the default bios settings again the computer will prompt you any error.