Thread: Which is best motherboard for overclocking AMD Phenom II X6 1090T?

Which is best motherboard for overclocking AMD Phenom II X6 1090T?

Well I am looking to AMD Phenom II X6 1090T. I am looking for the best motherboard available in the market for this particular pupose. After doing lots of research work I got below mentioned options which you would like to know
    ASUS M5A97 @ 6000 (4 +2 Phase)
    ASUS M5A97 PRO @ 7300 (6 +2 Phase)
    ASUS M5A97 EVO @ 7800 (6 +2 Phase)
    BIOSTAR TA990FXE @ 8700 (4 +1 Phase)
    I would really appreciate if you can suggest which one is best from above mentioned motherboards. Also if you are familiar with any other option then let me know as early as possible. Let me know if you are having any useful information to meet my requirement. I am waiting for your prompt replies on this particular matter. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Which is best motherboard for overclocking AMD Phenom II X6 1090T?

Personally I am not having much idea regarding motherboards which are manufactured by ASUS. But I have gone through some reviews and I found that Biostar supposed to be good overclocker and it is having better chipset 990fx. Another option which I wanted tell you Gigabyte 790FXTA-UD5. By using this particular motherboard you will be able to reach 4.2GHz-4.3GHz by making use of decent HSF and you will get stable result. You can get this particular by paying 7k. however it is almost same as that of AMD 990FX Chipset. Also you will get support for USB3 to SATAIII. But I could not say anything whether the above mentioned motherboards would be compatible with future CPu upgrades.

I think you are getting confused. As far as future upgrade of CPU technology has been concerned it is something that improving current version of CPU in order to get faster and efficient version of CPU. For E.G. Intel went for Sandy Bridge from Nehalem. As Sandy Bridge supposed to having higher IPC it is means is really faster and having lower power consumptions so you are going to get better efficient performance. AMD went from Thuban to Bulldozer and it is having lower IPC and consumes power in more amount. So it seems to be downgrade. Until and unless you are something like animation professional or you are running number of Virtual Machines then I don’t think so you will not require to change your CPU much quickly.

I do agree with information which you have mentioned over here. but one should go for new generation of motherboards available in the market especially for the people who are looking to overclock the CPU, since current generation motherboards are having better overclocking capability. Right now Gigabyte motherboards are better as compared to other motherboards available in the market for overclocking purpose. Gigabyte 790FXTA-UD5 seems to be best option for you. however you can use Biostar and you will be able to get 4.3 GHz+ but see that you have installed decent air cooler. For your information Biostar motherboards are having Biostar has 4+1 phase where as ASUS motherboards are having 6+2.

Well Vcc, Temp and NB Speed affects overclocking any CPU. In order to get stability while using higher Vcc the motherboard which you are going to use should have higher phase count. To get Lower Temps you should have good HSF. NB Speed supposed to tweaked so that you will be able to get higher clock. In a x+y phase motherboard y is supposed to representing the number of phase which has been dedicated to IMC.

According to Gigabytes motherboards are really expensive in the market. but I would recommend that you should go for Asus M4A89TD pro. Why I am saying because I have gone number of reviews and I have found that it is best motherboard for purpose of overclocking. You should go if you are able to get ASUS M4A78LT-M LE and Phenom II x2 560BE together. If you are having better CPU and all the other hardware components then you can reuse the same. so you should not worry about if you are spending good amount of money to purchase the same.