Thread: Getting error Please enter SETUP to recover BIOS setting on ASUS M5A99X EVO

Getting error Please enter SETUP to recover BIOS setting on ASUS M5A99X EVO

Here is my system configure
    • Mother board Asus M5A99X-EVO
    • AMD FX 4100 processor
    • DDR3 Kingston 2X 4Gb RAM with 1600MHz Non-ECC CL9
    • ATI Radeon HD6850 graphic card
    • 500 GB WD AAKS SATAII HDD
    • Sursa Sirtec 500W PSU

It is not that long that I have bought this computer and just till the resent past it was working fine until I got this little error message saying

Code:
    Error Message: Please enter SETUP to recover BIOS setting
    Press F1 to enter BIOS.
    I have tried everything possible but nothing is helping , well I even tried flashing the BIOS and updating it to the latest version available on the official website of ASUS. The update happened without any issue but the problem is still there , I did the update with the ASUS Windows Update Tool. I have manually set it to 1600 MHz but after saving it still going to 1333 MHz . is there anyone here can help me on this , I will be really appreciate any help on this ……… thanks in advance

Re: Getting error Please enter SETUP to recover BIOS setting on ASUS M5A99X EVO

The only firm solutions appear to be swapping out the power supply. the actual fact that you are not distinctive with the difficulty indicates to me that yes, it should be the psu, significantly if you probably did install that new battery properly. There is also an extra step really clearing the CMOS with the battery removed sort of a ClearCMOS button or presumably 2 tiny spots on the motherboard you'll ought to connect(screwdriver) to clear the settings and extremely begin contemporary. The system has to be unplugged from the main supply . Check the motherboard manual for a way to try to do it properly. which will be the step missing Ok...it's a jumper that has to be moved whereas the battery is out...see within the manual for actual location...same general neighborhood because the battery. there's typically a jumper setting that enables you to clear the CMOS while not having to drag the battery out, check the motherboard manual. this can be a most popular technique. If there's a haul with the code flashed to the BIOS merely clearing it should not do the trick. Go to the Asus web site and download the most recent flash and BIOS file for your motherboard. Clearing the BIOS merely resets it to all or any factory default settings. If that does not work then updating the BIOS itself could resolve the difficulty.

I have somewhat the same issue on my ASUS motherboard .I tried wiping CMOS through the jumper. When that did not work, I removed the battery, used the jumper to wipe CMOS, and then reinstalled the battery. Once I booted up it told me to reset the CMOS date/time, that I did. however i am still obtaining identical message as before. i am reaching to try and update the BIOS; perhaps the info is corrupted. i can not set my HDD because the priority for the boot sequence, for a few reason. Oh, and another factor that's odd: I cannot place my laptop in hibernation or sleep mode. Odd.

Have you tried booting with only one stick of RAM installed? attempt every stick of RAM individually in every RAM slot. If you'll get the system else with one stick of RAM, you ought to manually set the RAM speed, timings, and voltage to the manufacturer’s specs within the BIOS before trying else with all sticks of RAM put in. Nearly all motherboards default to the quality RAM voltage . If your RAM is rated to run at a voltage apart from the quality voltage, the motherboard can underclock the RAM for compatibility reasons. If you would like the system to be stable and to run the RAM at its rated specs, you ought to manually set those values within the BIOS. several boards do not offer the RAM with enough voltage when using "auto" settings inflicting stability problems. Did you verify that each one memory modules are totally inserted? (may need a lot of force than a replacement builder expects.) it is a sensible plan to put in the RAM on the motherboard before it's within the case. Did you make sure you discharged all static electricity before touching any of your parts? laptop components are terribly sensitive to static electricity. It takes a lot of less voltage than you'll see or feel to wreck parts. you ought to implement some best practices to scale back the chance of damaging parts. These practices ought to embrace either sporting an anti-static wrist strap or invariably touching a metal a part of the case with the power supply put in and plugged in, however NOT turned on. you ought to avoid building or functioning on a laptop on carpet. Functioning on a sleek surface is that the best if in the least doable

As far as I know the battery just comes into play when the system is unplugged, some of the BIOS program will poll the battery voltage and will balk it low . but till the time the system is on mains power and standby voltage I s available by the powersupply the bios will keep any of the setting that you have made in the BIOS . I think it is the RAM , the fact that the Kingston is the good Memory but sometime the it is possible that the memory can be faulty, so in case if you have got to the CLRTC procedure so that you will be able to set your BIOS on to the factory defaults. After that you first time you boot, go to the BIOS after that just set the AI Overclock Tuner to DOCP , then do the save and exit and see if this changes anything . in case nothing is changing this I would like to suggest as said above to remove the one memory then try to rebooting the PC again and you find nothing then just try the other one , the error that oyu getting in the Bios is look like the result of a issue with the in main system memory. Hope this can help

I have checked everything the boot derive LED is behaving normal however the steady error message is not . I have looked everywhere bit and the agree that there is a problem in the BIOS . but for no matter what the reason will be but , it I s not able to properly know and set up the hardware in the system. So the I have only suggestion that I can make here is to reflash to the latest BIOS... in case if that doesn't assist, then the EEPROM chip may have a issue within. You may as well reconstruct each and every the power connections to the motherboard and to the power supply in case it is a modular design. Re do the connections to the video card as well as the drives. after that see if something change This problem is caused because of the hardware failure but it is very hard ti recognize which is the place exactly the failure is located to know. it seems that not the memory... perhaps a video card problem .. perhaps the powersupply of the system . perhaps the processor.. perhaps the board.. I tend to believe it is the EEPROM chip itself however with no a thorough diagnostic, it is not possible to identify. I believe the next consideration will be is to return the mother board for warrantee service. You may first contact the reseller and check what they are willing to do, if anything...