Thread: ASUS P8Z68-V LX mobo - No BIOS, No video

ASUS P8Z68-V LX mobo - No BIOS, No video

I have recently bought ASUS P8Z68-V LX motherboard and everything was working fine but then I don’t know what went worn with the same and now I have found that there is no picture until the Windows was loading completely but then I was not able to check out anything before that and I am not able to enter the bios as well, I have tried updating the BIOS to P8Z68-V LX 0703 BIOS using the ASUS utility and had made sure that I am booting after the installation of the bios but then it did not helped and I did not found it to be making any difference in my case, now the computer is booting up with beep most of the time and after that stays like that without doing anything, it seems as if I have to change something in the bios itself but then as I have said that I am not getting any video before the videos load, by now I have tried out using other monitor and got the same response from it so I am quite sure that there is nothing wrong with the card, I have tried out removing the card and plugging the monitor directly into DVI port of the motherboard without disconnecting the PCI-E power from it and just taking it out from the slot but then even it did not helped, other than this I have tried Resetting CMOS but no matter what I am trying out they are just not making any difference, is there anything else that I can try out to fix this issue?? My system specification is as followed:
    • ASUS P8Z68-V LX mobo
    • i5-2500K proc w/ Hyper212+ heatsink
    • 8GB GSkill memory
    • OCZ 600W PSU
    • Kingston HyperX 128GB SSD boot drive
    • NVidia 560Ti video card

Re: ASUS P8Z68-V LX mobo - No BIOS, No video

You have tried out a number of solution and I am just thinking that why they have not made any difference in your case, anyways just try out an extended CLRTC and see if it is making any difference, you can try out the other method of resetting the CMOS in other way that is taking out the battery and then waiting for some hours and then installing the battery again and see if you are able to get any change, I f possible then also try out the jumper thing as well. I also wanted to add that have you tried removing the card and then booting the system without it, if not then try out the same and if you are getting the video before the window is loading then I think that you will have to go for RMA, just check out these things and then let me know what response you get for them.

I think that there is some kind of hardware issue as you have mentioned that everything was working fine and the issue had occurred suddenly, you have already tried out the possible solutions that should have made some difference I your case but then they have not, as far as a workaround is concerned prior to the solutions that you have tried I will suggest you to take out the board from the cp and then start with one module and see if you are getting a an image through the iGPU and yes do try out the jumper thing, I mean shifting the jumper will be discharging the board but then here just make sure that you are leaving the jumper in the discharge position until replacing the battery. Just try these things out and then post back the result you get for them.

I have now tried using VGA cable to my monitor and I did not had any issues in getting in to the bios and now it is booting up fine as well but then I have found that it is taking 20-30 seconds for posting and then taking quite a few seconds for loading the screen as well, I was getting a better boot time previously and I don’t think that it should take long to boot up with Kingston HyperX 128GB SSD as they are said to be really quick. I have also found out that the rear USB ports is not appearing to be putting out any power, I don’t know for what reason,it appears as if there is something wrong with the PSU but then I am not that sure about the same, I just wanted to know if there is a way to check out the same?? Any further help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

As far as I am aware it should just take 5 seconds for getting through the BIOS and more 5 seconds till the beep and after that more 30 seconds for loading the desktop, I really don’t think that you are facing anything unusual and it is just normal, I am not very sure about the usb issue that you have discovered but then If your BIOS might be having a Erp switch and if is enabled then it will be killing the power to USB at shutdown, if you think that there is something wrong with the psu then here you can arrange a psu temporarily for checking out of there is actually something wrong with your psu or not. If you are not aware of the Erp switch then I will like to inform you that it will be there in the Power' or APM section of your BIOS, there are possibilities that the there might be something wrong with the I/O shield with the USB ports, I mean if they are aligned tightly and if there is some stress on the ports then they can result in to shorts to actual cracking as well, so just check and inspect these things and then let me know the response you get.

Previously the system was taking about 5 seconds to Post/Beep from the BIOS and used to take about 10-15 seconds to load windows but then now I have found that it is taking 20-30 seconds to Post/Beep from BIOS where as taking 20-30 seconds to load windows even though I have not changed anything in between, with the VGA cable I am able to see the BIOS information so I just wanted to know if there is a way by which I can update the BIOS video driver and so, I have checked out the I/O shield and it is appearing to be broken but then I am not having one right now and just wanted to know if it will be leading in to some major issues, other than this I have tried replacing the CMOS battery and have tried unplugging the 560 TI Video Card and plugging VGA cable directly into the board and I am getting a normal screen but then as I have said that it is taking VGA cable directly into and I am getting the same response when I am using DVI cable, I have also tried out reseating the memory and have tried using only one stick in slot 2 but then even it did not helped, I am really running out of ideas and I am not able to track out the cause of the issue as well, I think that there I something wrong with the video card, what do you think about the same.