Thread: Asus P8Z77-V DELUXE does not work under Windows 7

Asus P8Z77-V DELUXE does not work under Windows 7

Few days ago I have replaced a very old Intel motherboard from my computer with a brand new Asus P8Z77-V DELUXE motherboard. After configuring it with other peripherals I have installed the Windows 7. While doing installation I didn’t get any kind of error and all. There was no compatibility issue during the installation but when I tried to boot up the system, I have got BSOD right away. I tried to boot in Safe boot with all drivers replaced but still get the same BSOD. While booting, the system properly shows post screen, then Windows 7 flag and finally I can get into the logon screen. At this moment, the system suddenly throws some kind of BSOD. The BIOS version is latest as 906. I tried the Win 7 Repair function also but it returned with no errors detected. No PCIe cards installed yet. What I am missing here right now?

Re: Asus P8Z77-V DELUXE does not work under Windows 7

It seems to me that you have changed something inside the BIOS which is not compatible with your system configuration and cannot be readable through Windows 7. Usually it happens when you have chosen wrong option in BIOS. May be you have not set the AHCI mode on the SATA drive controller. It could be still in the IDE mode as you previously configured for your old motherboard. You should do factory settings first and then go for manual settings one by one depending on your needs and type of HDD and controllers you have used to connect to the motherboard. Sometimes windows also shows blue screen at startup when it loads wrong or corrupted driver. You have to double check all the drivers once again.

You can successfully boot your computer but you get BSOD at the start up. So this indicates that your system having problem with Startup services, programs or apps or anything. It would be better if you disable unnecessary start up things and try to boot in safe mode. Once you are in, you can easily eliminate or update the faulty or corrupted drivers or programs.

Which error code you are seeing on the blue screen?

I once had a problem with XP at the power settings in the bios, there had to move because otherwise I always had a blue screen before the installation. If you have configured the IDE mode and you have connected the any SSD, the system will not boot at all. Furthermore if you have enabled AHCI mode for your HDD and trying to boot from it, it is not possible for you unless you have manually installed the AHCI drivers during the installation of Windows XP or Windows 7. In Windows 7 AHCI drivers might be installed automatically but I am not sure about that. After the Windows 7 installation make sure to put motherboard driver CD and upload the chipset / controller drivers. Then the installation should also work with AHCI.

It seems to me that there are still many old drivers remain in your computer and due to this there could be driver conflict at the start up. How did you install the Windows 7? Did you create a new partition by deleting the old one or simply formatted the old one and re-installed over it? You should have removed all the drivers manually using the Device manager before installing the new motherboard and Windows 7. Also tried the Drivers sweeper to wash out everything left. Otherwise you should delete all the partition from the old HDD and create new ones before continuing with the Windows 7. It would have helped you to solve the problem. However if you are doing so make sure to back up the data.

I do I mount a 4 x 4 GB kit. Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz CL9 and I am happy as usual. I have no problem with games or work where I exploit both the RAM and so on. Then it depends on what use you make of it. If you overclock you will use specific modules with different latencies and Mhz. I made many other attempts, unsuccessfully in cold start, as:
    • Settings of rams to the values given by the JEDEC CPU-Z
    • Update the latest BIOS for the motherboard 602
    • Setting RFC to 300.
    • Once I tried the rams to 1.8v, same
    • Cpu-stress, nothing to report for the little I've tested

For BSOD I still entitled to the memory management, more rarely of page fault in non-paged area

At first I think your RAM is not compatible, it must be either defective or some setting are missing. Because even if it is optimized for the i3/i5/i7, the series of 3 strips named LV6 is noted compatible in the manual. If it is not the case then hardware problems seems possible.
    • Hardware problems - Most of the time this is not the reason for experiencing this error. The Hardware issues which can cause this error are: faulty RAM, CPU overheating, bad sectors hard drives and so on.
    • Software problems - The BSOD error mostly the cause of Windows operating system core issues. Even though it sounds complicated, it actually not and has a extremely easy solution - registry cleaning.

I had no doubt that the motherboard is compatible with 64-bit systems. It would make sense only once finding out what it says in the blue screen. Try going to Control Panel> System> Advanced> Startup and restore > Settings. Now go to the "Automatically restart" take away Save debug information. Small memory dumps 256 KB, select OK. Then there is the blue screen is visual and you can read rest in what they say. Whatever it the BSOD, I bet it could be the RAM because Asus is known for its sensitivity because when it comes to memory. On the Asus QVL for your board, I see possible Corsair RAM. You should ensure stability. You have not given the system specification so I cannot check further. Do you think your RAM in the QVL again? If not, will this be the explanation for the mistake -> Replace RAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeru View Post
    Few days ago I have replaced a very old Intel motherboard from my computer with a brand new Asus P8Z77-V DELUXE motherboard. After configuring it with other peripherals I have installed the Windows 7. While doing installation I didn’t get any kind of error and all. There was no compatibility issue during the installation but when I tried to boot up the system, I have got BSOD right away. I tried to boot in Safe boot with all drivers replaced but still get the same BSOD. While booting, the system properly shows post screen, then Windows 7 flag and finally I can get into the logon screen. At this moment, the system suddenly throws some kind of BSOD. The BIOS version is latest as 906. I tried the Win 7 Repair function also but it returned with no errors detected. No PCIe cards installed yet. What I am missing here right now?
    You can't believe how (I guess) happy I am for finding you.
    Assembly completed successively
    bios updated with Bios 906
    Win 7 install complete
    Next boot up BSOD

Look in the Newegg feedback for this board, there's someone else.

can't post url's yet, so paste this into the newegg search:

ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe